• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

UWA Western Force Cup - School Rugby for Perth Secondary Schools

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's hope that this initiative can gain some traction despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges.

UWA Western Force Cup

"Previously known as the Rugby Schools Cup, the UWA Western Force Cup will see 13 schools from across the Perth metropolitan area compete and grow the game of rugby in WA.

Games will be played at the Joondalup Brothers (North), UWA (Central), and Rockingham (South) rugby clubs this year, with different clubs hosting each year.

The aim of the partnership and the competition is to provide a long-term sustainable pathway for young local rugby talent and provide the best educational opportunities for aspiring student athletes. This is made possible by the world class resources of UWA."

Schools involved:

NORTHERN ZONE

Lake Joondalup Baptist College, Quinn’s Baptist College, St Marks College, Joseph Banks, Ellenbrook Secondary College*

CENTRAL ZONE

Aranmore Catholic College, John XXIII College, Churchlands Senior High School*, Shenton College*

SOUTHERN ZONE

Kings College, Thornlie Senior High School*, Kolbe College, Mother Teresa College

*Public Sec Schools

Last edited:

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Is it mainly private schools or is it making its way into public schools? It’s great to see either way

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The PSA competition has been going for decades and has seven of the boys schools running separately to this. It's been pretty strong in the past and mostly still is. My boy played in that PSA comp until graduating last year, but I'm stoked to see the other interschool league happening as well. We may eventually see cross competition games at some point.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
The PSA competition has been going for decades and has seven of the boys schools running separately to this. It's been pretty strong in the past and mostly still is. My boy played in that PSA comp until graduating last year, but I'm stoked to see the other interschool league happening as well. We may eventually see cross competition games at some point.
Good to hear, some really positive news.