• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Vale Graham Galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Graham Galloway who played over 200 games for Parramatta in the 50's and 60's passed away on Saturday. Dad also played for NSW in 1954 and was on the 1st Australian Touring Football team of Fiji in 1953, and founded the Kings Old Boys Rugby Club.

There will be a memorial service at the Kings School Chapel on Monday (10/10/16) at 1pm.

http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=graham-galloway&pid=181727078

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well, I'll be buggered. I think I am getting him mixed up with Maurie Graham in my memories.

But I do remember each of his goals against us. Or I remember the pain, anyway.

Interesting to note that Rod Phelps got a couple of points in the best and fairest, playing for Sydney University. He ended up playing for Parramatta. I assume because, as a dentist, he had his practice in the region.

That is what should still happen, or course, when the university boys graduate and move into the real world they should also move to a district club. Like Parra!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Some very famous names mentioned on that page.

I played with Joe Small, he was a great guy. But the name above all names is, of course, K. Catchpole. He was also a great guy, and very generous in his support of grass roots rugby. Not to mention being in the top 5 Wallabies in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.