• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't get why Wales went into their shells in the second half. What was Gatland thinking?

Last year I thought Wales were damn lucky to be within two tries of us, this year I thought at half time we were lucky to be within two tries of Wales.

Then Wales came out and played one-out ball in the second half, basically gifting us the game. Can't argue with that, but last year I thought we looked better.

Early days yet for Cheika and Gray, though. They need plenty more time.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Really a tale of two halves; first half much more free flowing, second half was a real grind fest. Good to know we can do both and come away with a win.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kuridrani probably would've been my pick of the Australian players.

Foley is right up there for his kicking and that try saving intercept in the first half. But, the missed penalty kick for touch, couple of forward passes/bad decisions, dumb grubbers and lack of direction on attack tempered his game for me. Kicking from hand was a bit of a mixed bag, he came out a bit ahead I think, just needs to put the grubbers away.

On attack, I thought Biggar ran his backline better than Foley.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't get why Wales went into their shells in the second half. What was Gatland thinking?

Last year I thought Wales were damn lucky to be within two tries of us, this year I thought at half time we were lucky to be within two tries of Wales.

Then Wales came out and played one-out ball in the second half, basically gifting us the game. Can't argue with that, but last year I thought we looked better.

Early days yet for Cheika and Gray, though. They need plenty more time.

They'll have two first halves against us next year. We need to be ready.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And North isn't a 13, he doesn't have the hands.

Tomane had a poor first half and a very good second half.

My MotM was probably Jones, the Welsh lock.

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
Certainly didn't have Foley as my MOTM.

I really think Aus should re-evaluate how to play when they have penalty advantage. I mean high risk reward plays like kicks out wide to Isreal or the wingers. They only seem to try and hit it up in the forwards and end up going sideways.

I am not that worried about the scrum moving forward; add in TPN, Sio, Moore and we won't lose much when we go to the bench. The main issue is getting the second row to provide enough support.

I reckon we miss Palu or Fardy. Back row is not as dominant as it could or should be.

Phipps and Genia were both pretty good though I thought Foley was mixed; he failed to find touch, had a few terrible grubbers, a forward pass, a knock on and a few passes to no one however marshalled the team fairly well. Lialifano and Kurindrani were both all right.
Same for Tomane and ACC. Next wee surely Speight can at least get a bench spot. Best game by Issy in a long time was probably the main highlight for mine.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
thought Genia was pretty poor when he came on. He should fall out of the 23 with that performance.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think that Lilo will also comfortably hold onto the 12 jersey with that performance.

Horne came on for Lilo at the end.

If Cheika goes to a 5/3 split, wonder if he will choose To'omua or Cooper?

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Front row, Hooper and Ben McCalman all good. Carter good as well. Simmons and McMahon needed more impact.
Good win.
New coach.
2 new caps.
Congrats Faulkiner and McMahon

B

Bobby Sands

We can win the a World Cup with Foley at 10. He is just so much more assured than QC (Quade Cooper). QC (Quade Cooper) could be the best bench option in the game too.

Foley is the first choice 10 though through to the big dance.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ha, Ash and I on different wave lengths.

Thought Lilo did OK coming into first receiver a couple of times, and he made some good tackles. Would like to see him as a second kicking option as well, though. Largely had a mistake free game.

Status
Not open for further replies.