• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We cannot seriously go into the test with Hooper, McMahon and Hodgson in the 23. We will be underpowered. One of them will miss out for Jones or maybe Horwill will be there as a 4/6?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
that could be the 'opposition' pack in the screen, the starters may be obscured..it certainly looks to be big Will as the far lock. It's hard to read anything into those types of pictures, no doubt they do some contingency training as well..

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I agree. I'd start with Jones at 6 and McMahon on the bench but the other way around works just as well. Either way, you're getting good positional versatility and protection.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
that could be the 'opposition' pack in the screen, the starters may be obscured..it certainly looks to be big Will as the far lock. It's hard to read anything into those types of pictures, no doubt they do some contingency training as well..

It's Fainga'a at hooker (refer to the hanging dreds) and Skelton the far lock (refer to terrible body height).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's Fainga'a at hooker (refer to the hanging dreds) and Skelton the far lock (refer to terrible body height).

It's an opposed scrum, so it's hard to tell which side Fainga'a is packing on.

Skelton's body height is so horrible in that photo. His backside way too high - he's actually driving down into the prop rather than through the prop. The other lock must either be Simmons or Horwill, I am guessing Horwill, but their back is a little high too. edit: could be Carter too, that is Jones standing behind the scrum I think.

Which prop has the arm and leg tatts? Faulkner? So Faulkner is packing down on the left?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Skelton's body height is so horrible in that photo. His backside way too high - he's actually driving down into the prop rather than through the prop. The other lock must either be Simmons or Horwill, I am guessing Horwill, but their back is a little high too. edit: could be Carter too, that is Jones standing behind the scrum I think.

This photo makes your point from the column on the front page.
One can only assume Fisher is not there for his looks and so I am driven to ask: as soon as he saw those body positions why wouldn't he call it off and start coaching??
Maybe thats in the next frame

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Welsh team named for Saturday.

Could be some good line break opportuinties in the midfield for Tevita with North playing there?.

Paul James
Richard Hibbard
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
Alun Wyn Jones
Dan Lydiate
Sam Warburton
Toby Faletau
Rhys Webb
Dan Biggar
Liam Williams
Jamie Roberts
George North (13)
Alex Cuthbert
Leigh Halfpenny

Scott Baldwin, Gethin Jenkins, Rhodri Jones, Bradley Davies, Justin Tipuric, Mike Phillips, Rhys Priestland, Cory Allen.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's an opposed scrum, so it's hard to tell which side Fainga'a is packing on.

Which prop has the arm and leg tatts? Faulkner? So Faulkner is packing down on the left?

I reckon the locks are two of:
Simmons Carter Horwill Jones McCalman Skelton McMahon

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For mine that opposing pack looks like Carter and Skelton. Says to me Horwill and Simmons are starting. Wouldn't read anything in McMahon @ #8 given there's no flankers.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Last man standing for the Welsh midfield it seems. North not a great lateral mover, so things could get interesting if OZ get some quick ball. What North is though is quick and should have the outside channel covered if/when TK tries to attack there.

A decent forward pack for Wales although I am surprised Jenkins isn't starting at prop.

Webb isn't a bad choice to start at halfback. A lot quicker than Phillips (he's played a bit of 7s in his career), can pass longer and doesn't labour behind the ruck.

With Biggar at 10, they'll be looking to Halfpenny to come into 1st receiver to do some of the kicking in general play.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
North has the turning circle of an oil tanker, as does Cuthbert and both are poor on decision makers in defense. If Australia get some quick ball of a steady scrum or a lineout Foley should be able to pick out gaps to put his runners through. A good way to mix things up is a cross field kick to Cuthberts wing, he is usually out of position but if he is there his aerials skills are poor.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Continuing the trend of gleaning info from very trustworthy photos from training, this one sheds some light on Chekia's preferred fly half.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415169946.300145.jpg

Himself.

Having decided Foley and Cooper just didn't have enough flair, Chek has shifted Foley to 12 and will be donning the no. 10 jersey this weekend.

P

Paradox

North can be very exposed at 13 although will be a handful in attack. That's the biggest centre pairing I've ever seen (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.