• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
in another thread, about the suspension of kurindrani (are the IRB nuts?) i raised exactly this point ! Hooper being picked up at a ruck and driven and dumped on his head, but not even a penalty, let alone a card and there will be no citing of that i am certain. this is the inconsistency in the clamp down that goes on regarding "tip tackles" but this is equally dangerous but totally ignored.

It's all about what satisfies the politically correct view on situations, not what is actually best for the players. It's just that the tackle is the centre of attention at any given time so unless its obvious, the IRB and refs wont care.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wallabies repaid the faith last night.

They were $9 to win the next 4 after losing to England so pretty happy I got on that.

Now to roll through the France series 3-0 for 7 in a row!

Reactions: TSR

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What I also liked seeing was when Cooper led the team out for his 50th. The reaction from his team mates at his achievement. It is very evident he is well respected among his peers. He looked a bit choked up with emotion wearing that yellow jersey for the 50th time. The Wallabies look like a tight group

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Only getting to watch it properly now, first half down. Phillips is a goose of the highest order.
Pretty willing game thus far. 2 very good Wallaby tries. Very enjoyable so far.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
What I also liked seeing was when Cooper led the team out for his 50th. The reaction from his team mates at his achievement. It is very evident he is well respected among his peers. He looked a bit choked up with emotion wearing that yellow jersey for the 50th time. The Wallabies look like a tight group

I know they are mates and when SBW left the Bulldogs he was a jerk, when he returned from his stint from the ABs he was humble, reserved and gentlemanly..so I'm wondering if they shared an outside influence?

EDIT: I was going to say excluding Khoder Nasser, but maybe the guy is smart enough to know that the players under his management are more marketable if they aren't perceived as f***wits..so maybe he has made the investment?

T

TOCC

made a bit of money on last nights game..

Had separate bets for:
Australia winning 4 on the EOYT, Israel topping the try scoring and the combined scored been above 41 points

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
2 things stood out for me.
Our forwards sense of urgency was outstanding.
Our backs are now running straight and can use the full width of the field more effectively.
Terrific team effort and they looked like they had a ball out there.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
^^^ Earlier in the week, @Cardiffblue was bemoaning the fact that Cementhead had not said something silly.

Never one to disappoint, it is better late than never.
Huw, I'm the first to say that gatland can say some stupid shit in run ups to games. That's calculated for an audience. But when you stick a microphone in any coach's face after a game like that and ask him what he's thinking, what do you think he's going to say? In his position I'd say something I my might regret. And some of those calling him a dickhead here have written some stupid shit. Give him a break the guy must've been gutted. He actually said much more than the snippet that's been so widely quoted. Doesn't make him a dickhead. He picked and trained a team to do a job and they came up just short in a game that exhausted me. I'm actually quite glad we have a coach for whom the game means so much. Let's face it you've just got rid of a coach who gave the impression he didn't give a shit and served up sludge.

That was the maddest game I can remember. Ref completely lost it, both ways. No one knew what he was going to blow for next. A complete lottery but helluva spectacle.

So while I'm on my soap box, the specifics of the gats outrage.

Folau forward pass - don't think so don't know don't care. At the time I thought it was fine. Australia were playing so well at that point, that it really doesn't matter. They deserved a try. Personally I am sick and tired of the tmo. This yet again just shows that video refs don't bring any certainty. If Australia weren't given that try they would likely have scored minutes later. We were down to 14 and your lot were on fire

On the second, once the ref decided that there was an early tackle then cement is right, there should have been a penalty try. Personally the early hit looked much worse in slow mo than at full speed. Spilled Ball went backwards, should've played on. But in Barnes version, Ball was going player who was clear to the line. Barnes by this point however had completely lost the plot. None of what he actually did made any sense including the card. Only thing I can think of is that he was scared witless about making a decision that would have decided the game so took the easy option and evened up the afternoons inexplicable binnings.

Plenty of stuff to cause controversy for years and plenty of reason to believe one day we will finally get it right. Shame Australia lost to the orcs who are half the side wales are. Well both go through the group of death in rwc

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cooper was not under real pressure in any of these games, but that will not be the case against Wales in a Test which will define not just the tour, but McKenzie's first season as coach.

If McKenzie's careful management of Cooper brings out the best in him when it matters most, his faith in him will be vindicated. If not, it will mean that the Wallabies have learnt the same lesson twice at double the cost.

What will the headline say then?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-absorb-pressure/story-e6frg7o6-1226771734946

It will probably read something like.......

"Bret Harris: Just another News Corp troll"

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Did anyone else think Benn Robinson may have found his long lost identical twin playing at THP for Wales?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

I did actually think the Welsh prop replacement (Lee?) looked just like Robo's kid brother. Same shape , only a bigger version.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Love the improvement, love the style of play, love the attitude .....but I won't be own over until we can do it against the Boks and All Blacks.

Shame I gotta wait until September next year for that.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Top 14, Pro 12, Aviva Premiership, Six Nations, etc., etc.
Can't wait for 6n. Based on last games Wales Ireland is going to be nuts! Trouble with the other comps is that they are completely buggerised by these autumn internationals. Cardiff can hardly get team together ATM. Makes it really difficult to organise a serious premier level comp.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only getting to watch it properly now, first half down. Phillips is a goose of the highest order.
Pretty willing game thus far. 2 very good Wallaby tries. Very enjoyable so far.
No he isnt. But keep watching. You haven't got to the turning point when they took Owen Williams off. that by the way is gatlands big mistake. Should've happened when biggar was binned

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cardiffblue - I thought your boys came on real strong and it went down to the wire.

I always enjoy the Irish and welsh the games end up being crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.