• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia, EOYT 2010, Millenium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
If Wales play like they did against the Scots in the 6Ns this year they'll be cannon fodder for the Aussies.

First things first; squad predictions. Have a go, ya mugs.

P.S. Any G&GR boots on the ground for this one?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon Dingo will experiment with the line up for this one (as if he hasn't been doing that already).

Be good to see him take some chances.

Bench Gits (using the rotation/freshen up excuse).
Bieber Boy to #13 with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the Bench.
Davo on the wing to show what he's got.

don't stuff around with the piggies too much.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mumm for Chis
Davies for Mitchell
Barnes for Giteau
Burgess for Genia

(not mine, a guess what Deans will do)

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Deans won't tinker to much from what we saw last night hopefully drop Giteau but he won't do that either.

T

tucker

Wouldn't think he would want to change the run on team much if he is looking for consistency.

Berrick a chance at starting over Giteau

Van the Man on bench, at expense of big swings no dings chizz
and Turner swap with Mitchell

Would like to see Higinbotham and Davies get a run, but maybe wait for a midweek run then a start against Italy and bench against France

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It's a delicate equation for Deans.

He has to do some rotation - five tests in five weeks is simply too much for the first XV and risks injury.

England and France are the biggies, obviously.

He could and should play an experimental XV against the Italians, then go back to full-strength for France in the last game.

So he should therefore play the first XV this week, for developing combinations.

So I expect to see an unchanged team.

C

chief

I think Gits is done. I think Deans will finally bench him. Barnes will now get his shot, I wouldn't mind giving James O'Connor a crack at 12, he is reminding me more and more of the Giteau from 2004-2008.

Forwards, I think Chis has had his shot to impress, his lineouts were quite good, but he's not offering much around the park. Would think about bringing Rob Simmons, or Humphries to the fold.

Is Scott Higginbotham available?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
We have to tackle a lot better. The Welsh are superb offload merchants and have given us grief in the past when they get the contagious offloads happening.

Personnel wise, I'm really only curious as to whether Slipper gets a start. Do they rotate or do they focus on fixing the engagement timing ?

The SH pace will be too much for the Welsh, we'll run away with it in the last 20. Aus by 13.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There will be some changes next week, but hopefully only as reward for the guys who came on and did well last night: Mumm and Barnes in particular.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Welsh will be far too good in the Scrums and their Attack phases.

It will be a massacre for the Coal Miners.

Wales by 18 points.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We have to tackle a lot better. The Welsh are superb offload merchants and have given us grief in the past when they get the contagious offloads happening.

Personnel wise, I'm really only curious as to whether Slipper gets a start. Do they rotate or do they focus on fixing the engagement timing ?

The SH pace will be too much for the Welsh, we'll run away with it in the last 20. Aus by 13.

I think they have to go with the same front row - the Ben(n)s looked a bit rusty, especially Fat Cat, and need to find some form and confidence at the set piece for coming weeks. By all means get Slipper on for some meaningful time though - he looked good. Also really depends on what dill of a referee we get, and the cadence of their calling.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Mitchell worked fecking hard against the ABs. Dropping someone who chased and tackled hard when fatigue is not yet an excuse would be silly. The only thing he did wrong all game is he chose to make a spot tackle when maybe he should have waited out but he had 3 attackers on him so he had to chance it.

I'd love to see Davies and Van get their first cracks but blood them off the bench.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
"Wales by 18 points." alright no1

Wales don't have ryan jones or lee byrne, plus they have been pretty average over the last year, they would have to do something pretty special to beat the wallabies

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Everytime we win a game against a big side we all start touting a huge run of success and everytime, the Wallabies go out of their way to choke and piss off their entire fan base by losing the next game in the most embarrassing fashion possible.

I hope this time is different but something tells me we will choke against the Welsh... Hope not, im probably going to the game...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Make sure you check the last trains back Joe, they stop em crazy early on game day

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ryan Jones and Lee Byrne are big players for Wales to have missing. I'm not sure who'll come in for Jones, but I've heard it suggested (can't remember where) that Hook might come in for Byrne, with Stephen Jones playing at 10.

The changes I predict Deans will make to the Wallaby starting XV: nil, nada, none, zip, zilch, niente

Giteau is a brahmin, untouchable (love those mixed metaphors), sacrosanct, a permamnent fixture, immovable, staying for good, a sacred cow

Status
Not open for further replies.