• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2017 Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We've had this experience every time there is a Lions tour.

In 2009 we played against the Barbarians, Italy x 2 and France.

I expect we'll play one or two games against two or three sides as we have done in the past. It seems like Italy will be one of them.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do we keep a focus on the rugby champs for Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne or Perth and then look a little different?

Canberra obviously but any merit it taking something to Townsville and other areas?

Japan were really adopted by tville on 2003 perhaps a test v them up there?

Then Gosford or something too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As the ARU have known about this for 5 years, you'd like to think that they have done their homework into things such as the Townsville option.

The three PI teams plus a possible combined PI team and Japan gives 5 tests. ( 2 v Japan would make 6)

Using smaller grounds like Ballymore, Olympic Park in Melbourne, Townsville, Canberra make sense on a lot of levels.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm 99% sure we're here for at least one game:

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-unio...-points-lions-coaches-and-outstanding-glasgow

3. The third G and it is G for Gregor....I know that the first G was a surname and the third a first name but the 3 Gs just came into my head so here they are in print! Gregor [Townsend]'s team really do play in the image of the former Scotland and Lions fly-half. Quick-witted, intelligent and unafraid. It used to frustrate me to see him described as a maverick. He was merely a faster mind than most of those around him. Scotland has itself a gem and Glasgow a man determined to steer his club back to the top of the Celtic game. Surely a knock-out place in Europe has to be on his agenda as well. If not for the Scotland tour to Australia and Fiji I would take him to New Zealand as attack coach. It's asking a lot for him to desert Scotland even before he has donned the national tracksuit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The three PI teams plus a possible combined PI team and Japan gives 5 tests. ( 2 v Japan would make 6)

There are four weekends between the Australian teams being involved in Super Rugby.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ARU aimed for four tests rather than having a week to prepare as they normally do as they will be lower revenue per match than a regular June series.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hope it's in Melbourne as part of a double header.

Doesn't really matter though, as long as it's not in Perth, I'll get there. Missed the last one, won't happen again.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I was under the impression that the ARU had made a deel to play one June test each year at the SFS so I think you have to include a Sydney test. Probably a good location for Scottish fans anyway.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We were down 4 (Richie Gray, Ryan Grant, Sean Maitland and Stuart Hogg) last time.

Don't see that changing much. Hoggy will be there, as will Nel (Sio's underwear go another day without shit stains).

Another 10 or so will be in contention, but I don't see more than 3 or 4 of those being selected.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
As the ARU have known about this for 5 years, you'd like to think that they have done their homework into things such as the Townsville option.

Using smaller grounds like Ballymore, Olympic Park in Melbourne, Townsville, Canberra make sense on a lot of levels.
Olympic Park became Collingwood's training ground a while back so it's out. AAMI is not so bad with 20k in. Would be interesting to know what grounds the ARU get the best stadium deals at. That's the real driver for where to play.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Olympic Park became Collingwood's training ground a while back so it's out. AAMI is not so bad with 20k in. Would be interesting to know what grounds the ARU get the best stadium deals at. That's the real driver for where to play.

Sorry, I meant AAMI.

Jack Belly Sparrow

Frank Row (1)
So I'm trying to find the full draw for the Rugby Championship for 2017. Not on ARU website, not on Yarpies website, not on Sanzar website, not on NZRU website, I don't speak Spanish to see on Argentinean website and not on World Rugby website.

It appears they don't want Rugby tragics to know wtf is going on.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As far as I'm aware it hasn't been finalised yet.........

There's no venue for the Argie test, but word was it was going to be held in Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.