• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah was just about to say I've never heard of him but apparently he's the Rebels attack coach. That's not great.

Must have met the main criterion of not having a plan of his own and will just be there to implement Cheika's attack plan - you know, the non-existent one.

Hewat from the Brumbies would have been a 100% better fit if there are likely to be so many Brumbies selected (in my dreams), but he would want to run with the Brumbies attack plan, not Cheika's, so there isn't any question about him getting the post.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Managed to convert a Rebels back division full of Wallabies and fringe Wallabies into a non scoring rabble.

He was a great player not sure he is a great coach.

It was one of my gripes watching the Rebels all year - the players at their disposal, and a very unimaginative attack. I mean, it was "Genia, do something" which worked a bit, then "OK, Quade, throw a miracle pass" but little beyond that. Teams worked it out, and if Plans A and B didn't work, it was pretty pedestrian. Yes, they had some better play against the Sunwolves, for example, but Plans A and B went off the boil in later games.
To be fair, I was not aware Berne was the attack coach.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
It was one of my gripes watching the Rebels all year - the players at their disposal, and a very unimaginative attack. I mean, it was "Genia, do something" which worked a bit, then "OK, Quade, throw a miracle pass" but little beyond that. Teams worked it out, and if Plans A and B didn't work, it was pretty pedestrian. Yes, they had some better play against the Sunwolves, for example, but Plans A and B went off the boil in later games.

To be fair, I was not aware Berne was the attack coach.

Nor were the Rebels

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The good news out of that story is that Dean Benton has come on board as head performance coach.
Just a bit of clarification for the pedant in me - is that the boss of all other performance coaches, or the coach of head performances a.k.a. sports psychologist?
:)

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
How many coaches do the Wallabies now enjoy?
Cheika.
Johnson.
Grey.
Berne.
Benton.
Raiwalui.
Byrne.

Oh well - it's the professional era.

B

Bobby Sands

How many coaches do the Wallabies now enjoy?
Cheika.
Johnson.
Grey.
Berne.
Benton.
Raiwalui.
Byrne.

Oh well - it's the professional era.

Benton is S&C and a superstar.
Byrne is also elite.

Berne - not sure.

Everyone else is pus.

Laurie should 100% be part of the next set up.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Again people, whose fake account is this?

It's not funny anymore...

A bit too far mate? That's a couple of times that you want to tear me down. I'm a bit upset, can we post a bit nicer to one another? Not joking it's not very nice to be called a fake account or whatever a couple of times.

I know the team might not be what most pundits have but there isn't really anymore than 3 or 4 "bolters" in the 23. It's not like I've left out Rory Arnold or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.