• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah Kerevi is probably our go to ball runner now.

Thinking about it, our best period of form as a team coincided with Izzy losing his. He was not very productive during our RWC run. Losing him is a blow to be sure, but i still think these guys can put together a good RWC run without him.

I watched an interview with Mark Gerrard and he made a similar comment: at RWC15, Izzy was crocked and didn't score any tries, so maybe the world doesn't end without him in the backline.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I watched an interview with Mark Gerrard and he made a similar comment: at RWC15, Izzy was crocked and didn't score any tries, so maybe the world doesn't end without him in the backline.

It also coincided with some other players producing some of the best form of their careers.

If Izzy had been firing as well, we might have won the whole thing.

I agree with the premise that we still have the potential to be good without him but I do think the task is more difficult. I don't think those other players shone brighter because Folau was playing poorly and they were required to.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It also coincided with some other players producing some of the best form of their careers.

If Izzy had been firing as well, we might have won the whole thing.

I agree with the premise that we still have the potential to be good without him but I do think the task is more difficult. I don't think those other players shone brighter because Folau was playing poorly and they were required to.

Agreed on all counts. The fact is that Izzy's absence is the reality now, Cheik is going to have to work out a way to win without him and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. It might make the attack a little less one dimensional.

BIgz20

Stan Wickham (3)
2019 WC squad - from a good source
Wallabies to go back to attacking structure of 2015 and Tahs systems.
hence need bigger bodies and beale as link option from 15 not 12.

1. Slipper/
2. Fainga/
3. Ala'alatoa/
4. Roddha/
5. Skeleton/
6. Jones/
7.Pocock(captain)
8. Naisarani/
9. Genia/
10. Foley/
11. Folau/
12. Kerevi
13. Kuriandrani
14. Petty
15. Beale

16. Sio
17. TPN
18. Kepu

19. Arnold
20. Coleman

21. Hanigan
22. Dempsey
23. Hooper
31 Samu

24. White
25. Phibbs
26. Cooper

27. Koribete
28. Tomuua
29. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
30. Hodge

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So i reckon in order of preference right now it looks something like:

15. DHP, Beale then Banks (maybe Hunt sneaking in as an option).
11. Koroibete or Naivalu
14. Maddocks or Hodge (second fullback role).

We are only an injury or two away from someone like CFS or Newsome getting a chance which is not ideal really.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Good thing the forwards seem to be pretty clear atm, with two pretty top line options in each position.

1. Slipper/Sio
2. Fainga'a/BPA/Rangi
3. AAA/Thor
4. Rodda/Tui
5. Coleman/Arnold
6. Jones/Dempsey
7. Hooper/Pocock
8. Naisirani/McCaffrey

Cant wait to see that much potential handed off to Cheika's 'mate that he played with 25 years ago' to lay the platform for a WC summit attempt.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
So i reckon in order of preference right now it looks something like:

15. DHP, Beale then Banks (maybe Hunt sneaking in as an option).
11. Koroibete or Naivalu
14. Maddocks or Hodge (second fullback role).

We are only an injury or two away from someone like CFS or Newsome getting a chance which is not ideal really.

I'd say we're still a few injuries away from needing CFS or Newsome. Pulu would be in before those two as would Petaia and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good thing the forwards seem to be pretty clear atm, with two pretty top line options in each position.

1. Slipper/Sio
2. Fainga'a/BPA/Rangi
3. AAA/Thor
4. Rodda/Tui
5. Coleman/Arnold
6. Jones/Dempsey
7. Hooper/Pocock
8. Naisirani/McCaffrey

Cant wait to see that much potential handed off to Cheika's 'mate that he played with 25 years ago' to lay the platform for a WC summit attempt.

I doubt we'll see BPA who has been relegated to the Reds bench.........

Rangi the most deserving backup hooker right now, but I expect TPN to be in there.

I haven't seen much from Thor this year to suggest he'll be picked over Kepu.

I'm 100% in agreement on the backrowers........... but will expect Samu to be there in place of McCaffrey although the latter is in much better form.

If the criteria was form alone I would drop Coleman for Philip.

Status
Not open for further replies.