• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I suspect that the shopping list would include:

Arnold, Coleman, Skelton, McMahon & Kerevi.

I suspect of that lot, Arnold and Skelton are high priorities.

Rodda will be left in the wilderness for another 12 months or until he rejoins Aussie Rugby with the Force the most likely suitors.

No thanks to Coleman

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kerevi would be tasty but I'd rather a fit and ready To'omua than a Kerevi filled up on sushi.

Will be very interesting to see who they choose and if they'll choose anyone under the Giteau law as well.

If they chose two locks I'd really feel for Philip who'd probably miss out of the 23.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I suspect that the shopping list would include:

Arnold, Coleman, Skelton, McMahon & Kerevi.

I suspect of that lot, Arnold and Skelton are high priorities.

Rodda will be left in the wilderness for another 12 months or until he rejoins Aussie Rugby with the Force the most likely suitors.

I don't see the point in McMahon (nor LFG who has also been mentioned). We are sufficiently competitive in the back row.

Agree with you thoughts on our weakness at 12, but I would only call in Kerevi should Rennie want a "big bopper" option at 12. I prefer a second playmaker and would opt for To'omua, but it depends how he wants to play.

I dont think Rodda has any game time? Not an option in that case. Skelton I can go with, possibly Arnold/Coleman. Is Big Skel jumping these days? If he ios not a solid line out option it puts pressure on our back row selections - 6 and 8 need to be jumpers.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Skelton and Rodda both started for La Rochelle and Lyon respectively on the weekend. Arnold came off the bench for Toulouse.

Coleman hasn't been sighted for London Irish since resumption.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yah, don't waste those picks on the backline.

Yeah, I get the impression we are featuring the nest for EJ (Eddie Jones) to come back into a Director of Rugby role following the next RWC.
Speaking of a DoR role, what's the current one been up to?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I didn't even think of Latu, and that's a no brainer.

Big Skel and Latu back in would be my picks (bit of ol' fashion Tah bias there). Skelton coming off the bench behind LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Philip.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also, as an aside I quite like a two person exemption. If you want to play for Australia best chance is still to stay in Aus. A two person exemption isn't a huge window.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Also, as an aside I quite like a two person exemption. If you want to play for Australia best chance is still to stay in Aus. A two person exemption isn't a huge window.
And can potentially reward someone who couldn’t get a gig in Aus, moved overseas and started killing it.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Obviously we need a lock -- don't REALLY care who, just not Rodda he can stew in his mess for a bit.
I'd prefer us to play the guys we have where we can, so for example I'd prefer us not to take a back rower we have about 12 of those at or about test level, no Kerevi (I REALLY LOVE Samu but Jordie is our 13 going forward and O'Connor & To'omua should cover both center spots.

So looking at the positions we'd clearly not need anyone THP, Backrow, Centers, Wing, we would maybe need someone at Hooker, Lock, flyhalf, and perhaps fullback.

Maybe a flyhalf like a Barnes (fullback too), or Lealiifano. But I think O'Connor is fine for now while we bring through our future options. O'Connor is in good form and I don't see anyone who'd radically change things at flyhalf.

Not sure about Hooker Latu hasn't been playing much so can't be THAT good if he can't get on the field for his French team, and I don't like him because he's an idiot (good player but an idiot). Plus we've got a few hookers there or there about with Fianga, BPA and Uelelsea. I've seen nothing to suggest there is anyone else kicking around who'd serve us dramatically better at hooker.

IMO probably two locks. Maybe if there is a gun LHP I can't think of I'd say we just bring back two locks. Likely Arnold, maybe Skelton. I actually almost would rather see us work with what we've got. Maybe a game breaker like Kerevi but I really don't like the idea of someone else who isn't playing in Australia parachuting in over the top of someone who's been here, who's worked hard for it and who's earned it.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I'd prefer something like:

1) Sio
2) Fianga
3) Tupou
4) LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5) OS LOCK
6) Samu
7) Wright
8) Willson

9) McDermott