• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We've realistically just lost Koroibete for one match who is a key player. Naisarani may have played but he may not have made the 23. He was good in our last test but Wilson has consistently been first choice.

I think people are reaching to suggest this is an overreaction from Rennie. Being not selected for a single test match for breaching team rules is not really a harsh punishment.

If there is no sanction for breaching team rules, why have the rules in the first place?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You’ve nailed it. Our professionalism is fucked because of the RA leaders. Now let me know what the result will be on the weekend?
In this day and age of professionalism you abide by the rules or suffer the consequences. The 3 players got the action expected, and if you think league would have I done anything different you obviously are not up with modern day expectations of professional footy players.

They did wrong and got punished and should be remorseful as clearly in the wrong. Particularly disappointed with Koriobete and Isi who I wonder are taking the ‘piss’ knowing this is last few wallaby games coming up. Disappointing but dealt with by Rennie quickly and swiftly.

Isn't that what I said

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Rennie reported that a ‘senior player’ reported the 3 players to Phil Thomson for drinking 2 hours after curfew. I’d be interested to know who the senior player was? The whistleblower had an option to go and have a chat to these guys and tell them to pull it up otherwise he would report it. A dog act in my opinion when a player doesn’t know the player code.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Rennie reported that a ‘senior player’ reported the 3 players to Phil Thomson for drinking 2 hours after curfew. I’d be interested to know who the senior player was? The whistleblower had an option to go and have a chat to these guys and tell them to pull it up otherwise he would report it. A dog act in my opinion when a player doesn’t know the player code.
Ah, the inevitable “who was the dobber” post. Who cares? They knew the rules, and there are standards to be upheld.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m surprised at both your surprise RR and your outrage. This is standard fare for professional teams.

Even when they have timeout, it is controlled. If you go outside that you get punished. That punishment normally involves being stood down. It would almost be a non-event except Koroibete is involved. I’m not aware there is any suggestion these guys are repeat offenders or that Rennie or anyone else intends to take it further.

To be honest I’d reckon you’re probably more dirty on the decision than the players would be. I’d imagine they’d be dirty on themselves.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe they all need to go off the piss for the whole Test series. The sad fact is that young Aussies are not all that good at juist having two or three drinks, in my experience, anyway.
I think this would be just as over the top.

Most young guys also aren’t great at having the dedication and commitment to be a pro athlete.

They messed up and their getting punished - but this is a pretty low level offence in the whole scheme of things. I don’t see why any more needs to be made of it than what already has.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Teams like NZ have the depth to rest a player as punishment - there’s a queue of willing replacements often with little impact.
We don’t. Our wing stocks are pretty thin at the moment
Resting koro without a world class alternative definitely punishes the rest of the team and the supporters.
It they were out on the town on the piss till 3am aka the three amigos then fair enough.
But taking a few drinks back to you room?? Really??
Punish them in another way behind closed doors.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
They are a little bit guilty, so it doesn't matter?

Is it okay to drink too much, or not? Can't have it both ways. You either have rules around discipline, or you don't.

I am pretty sure that the best athletes, the best teams, are the ones who have a lot of self-discipline.

Winners are grinners. Losers can do what they like.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe they all need to go off the piss for the whole Test series. The sad fact is that young Aussies are not all that good at juist having two or three drinks, in my experience, anyway.

Didn't you hear, that in the past drinking all the time and acting like shitfluffybunnys made us play better..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Teams like NZ have the depth to rest a player as punishment - there’s a queue of willing replacements often with little impact.
Resting koro without a world class alternative definitely punishes the rest of the team and the supporters.
It they were out on the town on the piss till 3am aka the three amigos then fair enough.

won the last game without Koro for most the match with no replacement. His a gun but no one irreplaceable

Rob42

John Solomon (38)

Tolerating misbehaviour because a player is seen as indispensable is how we ended up with the three amigos in the first place.

And how about the rest of the team? Rennie suggested they were angry with these three. Is Rennie going to say "Look, I know we talked about standards, but Marika's a really good winger, OK?"

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
A dog act in my opinion when a player doesn’t know the player code.

I see the 'dog act' is the three amigos who put the 'whistleblower' in that position. They knew what time was curfew, they let everyone down by choosing to keep drinking.

I get its tough being away from family and friends for so long and I can cut them slack. But, I won't accept that it's the 'whistleblowers' fault when all the blame lays on the three who didn't just miss curfew by a couple of minutes, but, by a couple of hours.