• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I’ve said this on other threads but there is room for both of them in the Tahs backline and possibly in time the wallabies one too

I doubt it. They are both pretty small by international standards, 81 kgs or a bit more. Carter and Barrett, for example, are both about 90 kg.

Donaldson actually looks more robust, to me. That is one of the reasons I would prefer him at the higher level, if it comes to a choice. But I suppose Lolesio is the next in line after O'Connor.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
This is part of what you want from Swinton in my opinion.

Being able to agitate opposition players to the point they might do something stupid while making sure he doesn't do anything himself.

It looked to me as though Isi was really up for that game, mentally. He was really throwing himself into it. Maybe he was intent on boosting his highlights video for job applications?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I doubt it. They are both pretty small by international standards, 81 kgs or a bit more. Carter and Barrett, for example, are both about 90 kg.

Donaldson actually looks more robust, to me. That is one of the reasons I would prefer him at the higher level, if it comes to a choice. But I suppose Lolesio is the next in line after O'Connor.
Just need to look at JOC (James O'Connor) as a 21yr old to JOC (James O'Connor) now. Both will grow into their bodies more.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It looked to me as though Isi was really up for that game, mentally. He was really throwing himself into it. Maybe he was intent on boosting his highlights video for job applications?

Well he was on fire for almost 20 minutes until he smashed Max Douglas in the head and then tried to punch Swinton.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not that it excuses it but would love to know what he said to Isi. I don't think Isi is normally feisty and Swinton is a known shithouse merchant.

He probably copped a mouthful for the head high tackle, in either case reacting by throwing a punch is just stupid these days.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Look - I rate him as a player, but it is one of the more clear cut player analysis.

He wasn’t fit enough, he isn’t a lineout target and he’s one dimensional in attack.

Given his inclusion in the Wallaby squad this year I’m assuming Rennie believed he was working on his short comings. Or, at very least, wanted to see for himself at close quarters. Not sure where he’ll stand after his suspension though - especially given he has apparently signed overseas.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Now Waratahs are out, go the mighty Force! Where are you Bill the dud Pulver? Great decision axing the Force....

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some new on the mid year tests been reported

France have confirmed they are coming, however....

- Players that make the Top 14 finals will miss the first test

- Game will be played on 7, 13, 17 of July. That means 2 mid week games

- apparently this has been done because of the quarantine needs and getting players back to France with as minimal disruption as possible.

If true it’s better than nothing