• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
JOC (James O'Connor) has been very fortunate to have solid forwards and the likes of McDermott and Paisami either side of him at the Reds this year. If he was playing for the Tahs I don’t know if he would have been the preferred flyhalf.
We have a young squad with a a great core in the forwards leading into 2023. The changes will occur in the backline. You win the games upfront so I think we’re onto a good thing. I’m trusting Rennie’s direction.

Ah the classic 'the forwards are where the game is truly won'. I thought last match was a perfect example of this not being the case at all.

I thought our forwards ultimately achieved ascendency and, except for their breakdown work, were better in pretty much every department. We were still going to lose due to some truly shite backline play. Cue French backs ballsing up the finish.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ah the classic 'the forwards are where the game is truly won'. I thought last match was a perfect example of this not being the case at all.

I thought our forwards ultimately achieved ascendency and, except for their breakdown work, were better in pretty much every department. We were still going to lose due to some truly shite backline play. Cue French backs ballsing up the finish.

Backs can certainly lose a game, but it's hard for them to win a game without the ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hadn’t realised it’s been confirmed but Australia is hosting two games against SA & Argentina each, so 4 in total, in September/October.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Venues have also been announced

2021 Bledisloe Cup Series
New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 7 August at Eden Park, Auckland at 5.05pm AEST*

Wallabies’ fixtures in eToro Rugby Championship
Wallabies v New Zealand, Saturday 21 August at Optus Stadium, Perth at 6.00pm AWST*
New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 28 August at Sky Stadium, Wellington at 5.05pm AEST*
South Africa v Wallabies, Sunday 12 September at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney at 3.00pm AEST
Wallabies v South Africa, Saturday 18 September at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane at 3.00pm AEST
Wallabies v Argentina, Saturday 25 September at McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle at 7.45pm AEST
Argentina v Wallabies, Saturday 2 October at GIO Stadium in Canberra at 8pm AEST

And to get the excuses in early for a poor turn out, pretty sure the game in Canberra is on a long weekend, when half the population leaves for the coast/Sydney

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
With a full month between this Saturday's third and final test vs France and the 1st Bledisloe in Perth, it will be interesting to see what the squad does in between, particularly those based in NSW. You would think they would stay in camp at Sanctuary Cove, and fringe players might potentially get some time in QPR...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Venues have also been announced

2021 Bledisloe Cup Series
New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 7 August at Eden Park, Auckland at 5.05pm AEST*

Wallabies’ fixtures in eToro Rugby Championship
Wallabies v New Zealand, Saturday 21 August at Optus Stadium, Perth at 6.00pm AWST*
New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 28 August at Sky Stadium, Wellington at 5.05pm AEST*
South Africa v Wallabies, Sunday 12 September at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney at 3.00pm AEST
Wallabies v South Africa, Saturday 18 September at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane at 3.00pm AEST
Wallabies v Argentina, Saturday 25 September at McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle at 7.45pm AEST
Argentina v Wallabies, Saturday 2 October at GIO Stadium in Canberra at 8pm AEST

And to get the excuses in early for a poor turn out, pretty sure the game in Canberra is on a long weekend, when half the population leaves for the coast/Sydney

Bloody SCG, is there a worse field they could have chosen?

Add to that it is an afternoon game so the TV footage will be even worse because of the ball going in and out of sunshine.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
SCG is the only stadium in eastern Sydney until SFS is rebuilt, don't really have any other options and haven't had a game out that way since 2018

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With a full month between this Saturday's third and final test vs France and the 1st Bledisloe in Perth, it will be interesting to see what the squad does in between, particularly those based in NSW. You would think they would stay in camp at Sanctuary Cove, and fringe players might potentially get some time in QPR.

Bledisloe one is on August 7 in New Zealand, some of the squad members might get a week of club rugby in, but most won't.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bloody SCG, is there a worse field they could have chosen?

Add to that it is an afternoon game so the TV footage will be even worse because of the ball going in and out of sunshine.

Its a non-issue. We will be in lockdown well into August.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Its a non-issue. We will be in lockdown well into August.

If things go well lockdown will end in August some time and the SCG test can go ahead. Already got tickets to the SCG match (purchased for a game against France & got tickets re-assigned). If movement restrictions eased in time I'll also snap up a ticket to the Newie & Canberra matches.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If things go well lockdown will end in August some time and the SCG test can go ahead. Already got tickets to the SCG match (purchased for a game against France & got tickets re-assigned). If movement restrictions eased in time I'll also snap up a ticket to the Newie & Canberra matches.

That is highly optimistic.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Beauty, All Blacks first three games in row (versus the usual two and then one tacked on at the end). I guess in this instance it's to allow the visiting sides a chance to quarantine and then prepare though.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Let’s just agree that we are building as a National team and we hope to get some traction by 2023. Still along way to go gents. Let’s hope Rennie sticks with us for the long haul and beats the laziness out of the players and finds their hearts. We need athletes with skills and a rugby brain. I’m predicting 50% will make it though to 2023. Rennie needs to knock the ego out of some players and build aggression in others. How was Lolesio patting Carbonel on the head for his mistake. He’d have to be the worst showing flyhalf in the world and he does that shit. Get a grip. On the other hand give me 23 Hoopers and we’re world class. In most part we play as individuals and no cohesion. Lots to work on.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Beauty, All Blacks first three games in row (versus the usual two and then one tacked on at the end). I guess in this instance it's to allow the visiting sides a chance to quarantine and then prepare though.
Eden Park, get reamed, then off to Perth (where we might have half a chance) then half a dozen time zones to Wellington to probably play a dead rubber against the AB reserves who will probably be fresh.
Wallabies to be properly mentally fucked before playing anyone else.
Said it before, and I'll say it again, we play the All Blacks way too fucking often.
Happy for people to quote this back at me if I'm wrong.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Eden Park, get reamed, then off to Perth (where we might have half a chance) then half a dozen time zones to Wellington to probably play a dead rubber against the AB reserves who will probably be fresh.
Wallabies to be properly mentally fucked before playing anyone else.
Said it before, and I'll say it again, we play the All Blacks way too fucking often.
Happy for people to quote this back at me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, mine was just the lazy, shorthand sarcastic version of what you said!