• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Positives column: put 21 points on the ABs. Scrum.

Negatives column: well. only skills, execution, and yet more fucking intercept tries.

Seriously - we show again and again that we can make inroads then fucking give it away with a lack of composure.

If we can't beat a third-string ABs even despite all our disruptions, and have now shifted to forwards throwing intercepts, then how do we proceed?
Just out of interest how was that a 3rd string ABs? It wasn’t their strongest team but we were down as many. It was a shit performance, no objections here in that regard, but the teams were both at about 90% strength.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
what are the actual eligibility laws? how many overseas players can we pick?

1.Slipper 2.Latu 3.Tupou 4.Rodda 5.Arnold
6.Hooper 7.Gill 8.Naisarani 9.White 10.Cooper
11.Koroibete 12.Kerevi 13.Ikitau 14.Kellaway 15.Hodge

16.Paenga-Amosa 17.Bell 18.Ala'alatoa 19.LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Skelton 20.Wilson
21.McDermott 22.Paisami 23.Petaia looks a lot better to me

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ok for us to win against Argentina.

Hunter and Samu in the centre’s (ikatau not test quality.yet)

White to start with Tate on the bench.

Valentini to the bench - Isi or Wilson to start

JOC (James O'Connor) welcome back.Noah back outside 23 unless JOC (James O'Connor) not ready.At this point still JOC (James O'Connor).distance.Noah.marginally ahead of other options but with room to improve

WT actual F!

White is working off the bench, very well. He's not close to Tate, though.

After that: Valetini to club. or Age grade or, I don't know who cares but it doesn't involve a gold jersey.

Agree on Hunter and Kerevi.

Also agree on JOC (James O'Connor), though if Cooper is training as well as has been stated I'd be thinking about it. If not Quade, then JOC (James O'Connor). If not JOC (James O'Connor) then Hodge. If not, hell I don't know, White? Hooper? Slipper? Tupou? Not Lolo that's for fucking sure. Back with Valetini in kindergarten.

AND the locks need thought. AS WELL AS starting hooker, which is not Finger. Who can join Valetini. For locks, not a lot of choice, so stick. But it is not a satisfying group in the slightest.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
WT actual F!

White is working off the bench, very well. He's not close to Tate, though.

After that: Valetini to club. or Age grade or, I don't know who cares but it doesn't involve a gold jersey.

Agree on Hunter and Kerevi.

Also agree on JOC (James O'Connor), though if Cooper is training as well as has been stated I'd be thinking about it. If not Quade, then JOC (James O'Connor). If not JOC (James O'Connor) then Hodge. If not, hell I don't know, White? Hooper? Slipper? Tupou? Not Lolo that's for fucking sure. Back with Valetini in kindergarten.

AND the locks need thought. AS WELL AS starting hooker, which is not Finger. Who can join Valetini. For locks, not a lot of choice, so stick. But it is not a satisfying group in the slightest.
Tate certainly got better as the game went on, but he killed a few opportunities early, and passes a bit high sometimes causing players to lose momentum as they have to reach up or jump to catch it, and whites a better kicker which i think we will need against South Africa. Ikitau didnt seem too bad to me, the knock on was a poor pass, he put in a good kick and hasnt done much wrong. If JOCS available 100% i would prefer him at 10 to cooper but i didnt think he was back yet?

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
our breakdown is a fucking joke and we need to do something to fix it, as is our defence. im hoping with a different hooker and locks our lineout will sort itself out

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Tate certainly got better as the game went on, but he killed a few opportunities early, and passes a bit high sometimes causing players to lose momentum as they have to reach up or jump to catch it, and whites a better kicker which i think we will need against South Africa. Ikitau didnt seem too bad to me, the knock on was a poor pass, he put in a good kick and hasnt done much wrong. If JOCS available 100% i would prefer him at 10 to cooper but i didnt think he was back yet?

Hey PT.

I think you're under-rating Tate, but I hear you. Ikitau had little involvement that wasn't errors, but he held enough respect to be offered the bench next time. Remember that we have both Paisami and Karen available, so Ikitau has a tough gig there,

10 is a big issue. Fingers crossed for JOC (James O'Connor) so that there is more agreement, otherwise I'm definitely hoping for a left of field opportunity.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
what are the actual eligibility laws? how many overseas players can we pick?

1.Slipper 2.Latu 3.Tupou 4.Rodda 5.Arnold
6.Hooper 7.Gill 8.Naisarani 9.White 10.Cooper

16.Paenga-Amosa 17.Bell 18.Ala'alatoa 19.LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Skelton 20.Wilson
21.McDermott 22.Paisami 23.Petaia looks a lot better to me
None at this time of year because the tests aren’t in the NH test ’window’ so they don’t count as far as WR (World Rugby) are concerned. We can run amok at the EOYT though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hey PT.

I think you're under-rating Tate, but I hear you. Ikitau had little involvement that wasn't errors, but he held enough respect to be offered the bench next time. Remember that we have both Paisami and Karen available, so Ikitau has a tough gig there,

10 is a big issue. Fingers crossed for JOC (James O'Connor) so that there is more agreement, otherwise I'm definitely hoping for a left of field opportunity.
Think whoever at 13 will never be a big issue while Samu is at 12 anyway.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Think whoever at 13 will never be a big issue while Samu is at 12 anyway.

God you are annoying.

I'd play Kerevi at 13 with Hunter at 12. And I'd be looking for Koroibete and Kellaway to be taking those off-loads. Has danger written all over it.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
without those players i think

1.Slipper 2.Paenga-Amosa 3.Tupou 4.Rodda 5.Philip
6.Wright 7.Hooper 8.Naisarani 9.White/McDermott 10.Cooper/JOC (James O'Connor)

16.Uelese 17.Bell 18.Ala'alatoa 19.LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 20.? 21.White/McDermott
22.Paisami 23.Vunivalu would be pretty nice. i really think we need someone brought in to tidy up the breakdown and wright would help there

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
i think hunter keeps overplaying his hand since his skills have developed so much its given him confidence in them (which is great) but they still arent fully there yet. i think a few more years in super rugby will make him the finished product we all want, but dunno if hes there yet. and i dont know how i feel about kerevi defending in the 13 channel, at full speed hes not totally slow but he take a bit of winding up and quicker outside backs and centres might give him a bit of trouble

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Assuming BPA is available I’d be going:

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Philip
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Petaia
15. Kellaway

16. Moore (SOS)
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Samu
21. White
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Cooper

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
without those players i think

1.Slipper 2.Paenga-Amosa 3.Tupou 4.Rodda 5.Philip
6.Wright 7.Hooper 8.Naisarani 9.White/McDermott 10.Cooper/JOC (James O'Connor)

16.Uelese 17.Bell 18.Ala'alatoa 19.LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 20.? 21.White/McDermott
22.Paisami 23.Vunivalu would be pretty nice. i really think we need someone brought in to tidy up the breakdown and wright would help there
Don’t think Vunivalu is able yet

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Philip
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Petaia
15. Kellaway

16. Moore (SOS)
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
20. Samu
21. White
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Ikitau
interesting your starting bell, who is a very good player, but slips was pretty great at scrum time i thought and didnt do much wrong other than the savea quick tap catching him offside . hes also the only other experienced player we have other than hoops. i wouldnt have an issue with it but think slips should still be starting. i also dont think swinton added anything, and hasnt done so a few times in his small amount of games. i do forget how great kellaway was at 15 for the schoolboys so im not against that, and reece was a big step up at 10 so also makes sense. no way squeaky could play 20 mins of test rugby these days. i know he played in a final today but he looks pretty exhausted. if hunters given the directive to be more of a runner than a ball player then hes a fine option for 13

dru

Tim Horan (67)

1. Bell
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Philip
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Petaia
15. Kellaway

16. Moore (SOS)
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
20. Samu
21. White
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Cooper

Love it. Swapping the front rows to me is obvious.
Your locks don't gel with mine. Quite. I'd be 4: Swain 5: Rodda 19: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Happy with your loosies.

Swap Kellaway and Petaia too, but I get the idea.

On the bench, sadly NOT both JOC (James O'Connor) and Cooper. Cooper starts or isn't in the 23. JOC (James O'Connor) at 22 if he isn't fit enough to start.

And swap 12 and 13.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
interesting your starting bell, who is a very good player, but slips was pretty great at scrum time i thought and didnt do much wrong other than the savea quick tap catching him offside . hes also the only other experienced player we have other than hoops. i wouldnt have an issue with it but think slips should still be starting. i also dont think swinton added anything, and hasnt done so a few times in his small amount of games. i do forget how great kellaway was at 15 for the schoolboys so im not against that, and reece was a big step up at 10 so also makes sense. no way squeaky could play 20 mins of test rugby these days. i know he played in a final today but he looks pretty exhausted. if hunters given the directive to be more of a runner than a ball player then hes a fine option for 13
All valid points except that I thought Swinton was pretty good today, certainly better than Flopetini. I’m starting him because he’s the future and can lock in the jersey, similar with Bell. It’s nothing against Slips, I love him, just a transitional thing in a 50/50 decision. Still reckon Squeak at 50% would be better than what we rolled out today.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
God you are annoying.

I'd play Kerevi at 13 with Hunter at 12. And I'd be looking for Koroibete and Kellaway to be taking those off-loads. Has danger written all over it.
I would have Paisami at 12 with Samu at 13 too everyday. Why is that so annoying? I just feels he seems to maybe overdo the crash ball when he's at 12. I used to say it when I followed him at Reds, he a 13 more than a 12!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Love it. Swapping the front rows to me is obvious.
Your locks don't gel with mine. Quite. I'd be 4: Swain 5: Rodda 19: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Happy with your loosies.

Swap Kellaway and Petaia too, but I get the idea.

On the bench, sadly NOT both JOC (James O'Connor) and Cooper. Cooper starts or isn't in the 23. JOC (James O'Connor) at 22 if he isn't fit enough to start.

And swap 12 and 13.
I initially had Ikitau as my 23 but he’s pretty limited position wise, and I thought the same about To'omua, so my thinking was that QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge collectively cover everything except 9. However, I agree it’s unlikely that both would be on the bench. Maybe Ikitau retains the 13 and Paisami jumps on the bench.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I initially had Ikitau as my 23 but he’s pretty limited position wise, and I thought the same about To'omua, so my thinking was that QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge collectively cover everything except 9. However, I agree it’s unlikely that both would be on the bench. Maybe Ikitau retains the 13 and Paisami jumps on the bench.

I just think Hunter and Kerevi in the centres. Ikitau nudged out by those two. Bench slot I think. Like your thinking on Hodge and JOC (James O'Connor).