• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
this is true, he is serviceable in the absence of any worthy alternative. I’d hope other players have a higher ceiling then what he is currently demonstrating though
2 years ago I had the view banks is just not test material and unlikely to ever be…to his credit he has continued to improve…hence less agitation from me for him to be dropped but yes still not convinced he is long term answer yet. I think yes let’s see what others can offer in his absence - if anything to build depth. As despite all the success building depth in other positions depth at fullback is one area yet to build depth. Whilst banks injury unfortunate and may he have a speedy recovery - use this as an opportunity to solve this depth problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Banks is our best under the high ball. I have seen Petaia take a few that were just incredible. He has special hand eye co-ordination.
With Banks the rest of his game is inconsistent. Missing line kicks at crucial points and he never seems to be able find the space he does at Super Rugby level. He needs to work on consistency and being more of a threat ball in hand.
Hopefully the other candidates will get to stake their claim over the next couple of months.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
One under-rated factor this season has been the distinct lack of serious injuries, JOC (James O'Connor) aside. Wonder if that correlates with better fitness, or a change in management approach? Or it could be just blind luck.

Hard to believe that the below backline is now our second string:

9. Tate McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Matt To'omua
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Filipo Daugunu
15. Reece Hodge

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
We don't know what we miss till it's gone, Maybe Mac Grealy will win the battle for the Red's fullback next year and come into contention. We have Jesse Mogg in Canberra again, and lets see how he goes maybe he might knock Banks out of Fullback. Donaldson at the Tahs... One of the Force boys don't really know who will be there fullback. I don't think there's a single other player in the squad who's full time fullback at there club..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
One under-rated factor this season has been the distinct lack of serious injuries, JOC (James O'Connor) aside. Wonder if that correlates with better fitness, or a change in management approach? Or it could be just blind luck.

Hard to believe that the below backline is now our second string:

9. Tate McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Matt To'omua
13. Hunter Paisami
14. Filipo Daugunu
15. Reece Hodge
wonder what our 3rd strings would be from the squad
9 Gordon
10 Lolesio
11 Vunivalu
12 Paia’aua
13 Parease
14Murihead
15 Wright

still not bad.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
We don't know what we miss till it's gone, Maybe Mac Grealy will win the battle for the Red's fullback next year and come into contention. We have Jesse Mogg in Canberra again, and lets see how he goes maybe he might knock Banks out of Fullback. Donaldson at the Tahs... One of the Force boys don't really know who will be there fullback. I don't think there's a single other player in the squad who's full time fullback at there club..
Still very light on Fullbacks. We need to transition one of Petaia, Kellaway or Tom Wright to the back.
Shame Jack Maddocks is headed overseas and has regressed, I thought he had all the potential to fill the void of Mr Folau. Hoping he does the same as Kellaway and comes back as a whole new beast.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
An immensely talented dual rugby international who was brought up to believe in fairy tales in an era where expression of said fairly tales apparently make you unemployable.
In my opinion……..,

Last edited:

tragic

John Solomon (38)
So Louis Lynagh has apparently been named by Eddie Jones in England’s 45 man squad for a training camp next week

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah he was always going to get a call up with the way he ended last season & then his start on the weekend, ball is in RA court now must make a move & get him to make a choice
Haven’t watched him play. How does he rate compared to our emerging talents? Been watching Gordon / Harrison with interest but not lynagh.
No idea whether it’s the lynagh hype or a genuine prospect.
Jones would be equally likely to be screwing with Australia or staking his claim.