• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope we see Perese against Japan. He just hates being tackled and was running riot for the Tahs in the trans-tasman comp.

I want to see Perese in a team that's not as shit as the Tahs. He'd be twice as damaging and that's a scary proposition.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I want to see Perese in a team that's not as shit as the Tahs. He'd be twice as damaging and that's a scary proposition.
If he's not playing at the 'Tahs - he's playing on the wing at the Reds or Brumbies.

Not sure you really want to see him at the Force or Rebels.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Is the four hooker thing just on the basis that Latu won't be in Japan and they can't go into preparing for that test without a third hooker in the squad?
I reckon they think Latu will probably take a week or two of conditioning before he's ready to play a test match.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If he's not playing at the 'Tahs - he's playing on the wing at the Reds or Brumbies.

Not sure you really want to see him at the Force or Rebels.
He'd be a great get for the Rebels. Definitely need a line bending centre with Carter Gordon feeding him the ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also, no one has been talking about Skelton was banned for 5 weeks for a shoulder charge on Richie Arnold (sorry brother). He'll be available to play for La Rochelle by the 23rd October, but will have missed a lot of rugby. I guess good time to learn the lineout calls for the Wallabies.

Hope he doesn't do something similar for the Wallabies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Just has the flavour of going backwards to the two playmaker model that proved so unsuccessful under Cheika and one or two before him. Rather have Paisami at 12 where a couple of months ago we mostly thought he had a mortgage on the spot.
Agreed. If we are going with Kerevi at 12 when fit, why would we not play someone with similar attributes for continuity?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just like with mcmahon kerevi and quade, Rennie likes to give guys time to get to know their systems.

They will have 2 weeks in the UK prior to Scotland game, that may be enough, but Rennie just publicised that he won't play all 3 of the French boys v Scotland.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I mean, the bloke did a shinbreaker, got a yellow card and the Saffa's scored straight after.

He's exactly like Latu pre-2019 RWC.
You don't think a couple of tests since with no issues might be the start of a better technique? I noticed a grass cutter tackle in one of the Argie tests but he wrapped both arms around the runner's lower legs and pulled off a very effective tackle. I didn't notice any other suspect action in those last two tests.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yes he was good in the last test and Uelese was fine in his two runs off the bench. McInnerney………really?
Probably the best, consistently the most accurate, lineout thrower of the lot. He also came through the U20s a few years ago, so definitely has some skills.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Probably the best, consistently the most accurate, lineout thrower of the lot. He also came through the U20s a few years ago, so definitely has some skills.
I dunno. Its test rugby. I agree his throwing appears to be good but like Lonergan he does not look up to the physicality just yet. No Uelese or Mafi? Its a bit of an odd squad. I would have taken McReight over McMahon as well and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) can feel hard done by. Rennie and Marinos reported as saying that we will go back to selecting fewer OS players next year more inline with the Giteau law. I guess they want to see what the likes of Latu, McMahon, Skelton, Arnold and Kerevi are capable of to see if they each should be one of the two selected moving forward? Kerevi is a yes already.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm probably less surprised about McInerney's inclusion in the squad, than I was about Fainga'a becoming our regular starting hooker...........

The re-signings of McInerney and Lonergan at the Brumbies seem to peg Fainga'a on the outer there, and the former two were playing much better rugby this year.

McInerney has also been floating around the training squads since last year.