• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I always forget how good in attack the Arnold twins are. They're hard men to get down and bend the line constantly with surprisingly fleet feet for a pair of giraffes. These two good moments (out of quite a few already) were from a game this morning. This was in a losing side, so definitely no easy metres. The first bit is Rory who puts Richie into a hole, the 2nd bit is late in the game with Richie making a break.
Rory in particular has been used a lot in the past two years as the link man, with really impressive ball skills for taking the ball in a pod then suddenly swinging in back out to Ntamack or Dupont (Philip plays this occasionally for the Wallabies). I'm most curious to see Skelton but I'm most confident of Rory starting.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Paddy Ryan is in San Diego, Ollie Hoskins is at London Irish. Both would ok to be Pone's replacement.
I don't think it makes much sense to grab these guys ahead of the Australian based options like Sio, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Orr, etc.

Maybe Hoskins in a pinch because he's in the UK, but there's no quarantine requirement heading in, so surely you'd call up a prop from Australia if you had anymore than 48 hours notice.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Pone has been a squad player during the international block. It'd be a bit shit on Sio/HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)/Orr to make them fly across to Europe to pack scrums at training and then do 2 weeks quarantine.

Although, at the rate NSW is opening up, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) would probably just be home quarantining?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Pone has been a squad player during the international block. It'd be a bit shit on Sio/HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)/Orr to make them fly across to Europe to pack scrums at training and then do 2 weeks quarantine.

Although, at the rate NSW is opening up, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) would probably just be home quarantining?
If you're selecting someone local under reg 9 and not picking them in your train on 26 you have to release them 96 hours before the match time, so I'm not sure you get a hell of a lot out of filling a training position that way, particularily if they are playing for their club side at the weekend

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
You have Tupou and AAA at tight head with Robertson and possibly Slipper as back ups. Its unlikely that they will need another one unless there are two injuries within the first couple of games. If someone is injured in Japan you would have to assume an Aust. based player ships out straight to the UK.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)

No quarantine at all for vaccinated intl arrivals from Nov 1st in NSW. I think HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) would be the option as he could benefit from some time in the squad and plays both sides, having said that all three are Sydney based originally and family still live here so would more than likely be spending their Xmas holidays in NSW so maybe Sio could be the option

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does anyone know if the Northern Hemisphere Tests are being televised free-to-air and if not will they be on Stan? Thanks.
Pretty sure I posted this a few pages back - the roar are showing them as on Stan & 9

Edit: just checked the TV guide for Saturday & can't see it on any channel :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-080229_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-080229_Chrome.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 105