• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pulu is up to the standard IMO. Plus we aren't exactly overloaded with strike wingers now that MK is gone and Daugunu has fallen off a bit.

You'd think it wouldve been an opportunity to recognise the form of Uru over, for example, Leota who hasn't played this year.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why 40? Everyone’s a winner type philosophy could be better spent on cutting the camps back to 30 and investing in the U20s.
Because it’s about logistics planning for this year with an eye to the RWC. It’s not a training camp. It’s not about ‘giving youth a go’. The RWC is a year away. It’s time to nail down the squad and build combinations. Bolters can wait until 2024.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Because it’s about logistics planning for this year with an eye to the RWC. It’s not a training camp. It’s not about ‘giving youth a go’. The RWC is a year away. It’s time to nail down the squad and build combinations. Bolters can wait until 2024.
And I’d imagine those that don’t get in the reduced squad are given specific work ons to keep competition up for spots.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pulu is a good addition. We need faster backs willing to counter and he could be that. Smith kicks a ton so a deadly back 3 is a must.
No fines? Pasatoa would be good but I understand why he isn't in there and also think Donaldson has been playing quite well. Let's see how he goes over the next few games.
No Tim Astee?
Way to many tahs and rebel players.

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
I can understand the Puli inclusion. As mentioned before he could fill the MK role (that being said I haven't watched him closely this year)

I feel Simone has been a little hard done by not being included. I actually think he has been out playing Lolesio, I assume he has been given something to work on or that Paisami is a lock for 12 (which is warranted)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wild.

I can live with Samu getting picked based on reputation. But how does Neville get picked over Smith.

More importantly, with Banks, Campbell and Jordan in the squad, how is Hodge there who's been woeful all year.

If they need an extra back, get Harrison in there.
Hodge been horrible this year (ok last game for rebels not so bad) but he has been very strong wallaby performer so I can understand him making the camp.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Uru does offer a point of difference and would be an excellent option on the bench to cover 5/6/8. I would have him there ahead of Frost if the latter is going OS. He would easily be the best lineout option of all the 6/8s in the squad and as good as any with ball in hand.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are still looking very shallow at 2. DR may need to think about bringing in Latu as the third OS player. Second row looks very strong

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Having watched Le Crunch, Uru has similar traits to Cameron Woki, especially in line out where both have that great initial leap that can prove a real nuisance for opposition. The fact that Uru can cover lock, 6 and 8 he is a great option to have. Perhaps Rennie is looking for more game time in Super Rugby Pacific.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Wild.

I can live with Samu getting picked based on reputation. But how does Neville get picked over Smith.

More importantly, with Banks, Campbell and Jordan in the squad, how is Hodge there who's been woeful all year.

If they need an extra back, get Harrison in there.
I’d say because Hodge takes a high ball, can kick a mile, can play a few positions and has played a lot of tests. Not with standing he has been in pretty poor form.
Harrison is not Test standard as a fullback and would be down the pecking order as a 10, considering he would be number 3 at the Tahs, behind Donaldson and Edmed.
Glad to see Campbell picked, along with Donaldson.
Rest of squad pretty much as expected.