• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
What is the status of Swinton and his injury? I did like the idea of picking a big physical back row so would like to see that continue but a shame about Leota. I know Swinton has his discipline problems but could have filled that role at 6 well. Will he back for EOYT?
Given the Tahs keep signing backrowers, I can't imagine they think he is going to play next year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
"The tackle enraged the New Zealanders."

Ah yes, the moral compass the Judiciary committee should follow. After all, these are the same fans they cheered with Umaga and Mealamu were cleared after destroying O'Driscoll's collarbone.
It was still pretty f*cked up and he deserves a long time on the side lines - see ya next year

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm very confident in saying it wasn't calculated, but it was as you say dangerous and reckless in which he is responsible for the action.

I know it's a different sport and judiciary but the closest thing I can think of is how the NRL is dealing with the Hip Drop Tackles recently. Players don't have intent to injure but the action can be devastating. I think the most recent was Pat Carrigan and he got 5 weeks? Might be off there but Swain shouldn't get less than 4.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
"The tackle enraged the New Zealanders."

Ah yes, the moral compass the Judiciary committee should follow. After all, these are the same fans they cheered with Umaga and Mealamu were cleared after destroying O'Driscoll's collarbone.
The same Kevin Mealamu that only got 2 weeks for headbutting Lewis Moddy

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm very confident in saying it wasn't calculated, but it was as you say dangerous and reckless in which he is responsible for the action.

I know it's a different sport and judiciary but the closest thing I can think of is how the NRL is dealing with the Hip Drop Tackles recently. Players don't have intent to injure but the action can be devastating. I think the most recent was Pat Carrigan and he got 5 weeks? Might be off there but Swain shouldn't get less than 4.
I don't know how you are so confident he didn't do it on purpose. Came in the side, made no real effort to shift the bloke, hooked and then drove.

Either way - Swain is fast becoming a liability.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I don't know how you are so confident he didn't do it on purpose. Came in the side, made no real effort to shift the bloke, hooked and then drove.

Either way - Swain is fast becoming a liability.
Because he has nothing to gain by doing it on purpose

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Do I think he meant to hit the bloke? Yes. Did he intend to injure him or have the clean out go wrong? No. In my opinion.... But a player is responsible for their actions.

I agree he's become liability and and easy target for any Ref/TMO. I've said it about White before but the Wallabies aren't good enough to cover up for anything like this.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Do I think he meant to hit the bloke? Yes. Did he intend to injure him or have the clean out go wrong? No. In my opinion.... But a player is responsible for their actions.

I agree he's become liability and and easy target for any Ref/TMO. I've said it about White before but the Wallabies aren't good enough to cover up for anything like this.

To be fair, it's pretty hard to cover up when the player is getting stretchered from the field.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
8EEADA22-A8CE-4D62-9E23-E108F7C0FF2E.jpeg

Certainly looks like Nela’s been putting in the S&C work

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With Bernard Foley back in the hotseat at No.10, Wallabies fans have been wondering whether the ‘Iceman’ will travel with the team to Europe for a five-Test tour across October and November.
The signs are looking good. The Wallabies had a handshake agreement with the Japanese franchises that pay the bills of Quade Cooper, Samu Kerevi and Marika Koroibete that they wouldn’t be called up for international duty, given their season gets under way slightly earlier than normal on December 17.
But Foley, and even Tom Banks, could still travel with the Wallabies for matches against Scotland, France, Italy, Ireland and Wales.

“My club [Ricoh] has been awesome so far,” Foley told the Cauliflower. “It’s not confirmed yet but the chat has been positive. It is a bit of a stretch given the season is a bit earlier. They’ve been completely supportive of me to come back here and be a part of this.”
The team has a break of about four weeks, after Saturday’s match in Auckland, before travelling to Europe.