• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bell's out of the EOYT. Just had surgery on his foot.

So you'd have to think we will call up Sio again surely?
Foreign component is getting complicated again, unless they don't see this years departing players as foreign call ups (not without precedence, contracts in the past have run until the end of the calendar year).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great analysis again from Bishop on Samu: https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/10/...n-hes-ready-to-reclaim-wallabies-no-7-jersey/

I commented on it after the game, that he missed 6 tackles, but didn't quite remember how bad they were. He really got outmuscled by every type of player. Can't really afford to have him & Foley in the same team.
Thats a very interesting article and the stats are telling. No question Hooper is still our best choice at 7 with McReight bridging the gap accordingly. Samu offers a lot from the bench against tiring attacks and I think he and Gleeson will fill that role for now behind Hooper or McReight.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Continuation of the existing injury, he was rushed back against All Blacks and now needs surgery. Similar story as Tupou, rushed back before completely fit and he gets injured also.

Wallabies management need to sort their shit out
Atrocious.

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
On the positive side, Foketi is likely to tour which is a surprise. Also Perese (and Bell) look likely for Waratahs season opener. Which is fantastic, I thought Perese would be out longer and I really think he is in our best 23.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
On the positive side, Foketi is likely to tour which is a surprise. Also Perese (and Bell) look likely for Waratahs season opener. Which is fantastic, I thought Perese would be out longer and I really think he is in our best 23.
Thought Perese would break through this season. Shame he barely lasted a game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I’m pretty sure he is, but we need clarification on whether Sio is classified as as a local player still.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Continuation of the existing injury, he was rushed back against All Blacks and now needs surgery. Similar story as Tupou, rushed back before completely fit and he gets injured also.

Wallabies management need to sort their shit out

I think same for Quade as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Skelton has said in his current form he doesn't deserve to be selected by the Wallabies but hopes by next year he'll be in the right form. He's also been pretty honest about his red cards (3 in 3 seasons), saying he deserved them and they were all for avoidable things, not accidents.

I think we might see him turn out for Samoa in his twilight of his career which would be pretty cool. But he seems very motivated for the Wallabies right now.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Skelton has said in his current form he doesn't deserve to be selected by the Wallabies but hopes by next year he'll be in the right form. He's also been pretty honest about his red cards (3 in 3 seasons), saying he deserved them and they were all for avoidable things, not accidents.

I think we might see him turn out for Samoa in his twilight of his career which would be pretty cool. But he seems very motivated for the Wallabies right now.

Can you watch the top 14 anywhere?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Use to get it on Foxtel/Kayo through ESPN & Bein but I don't think it is anymore. I watched the Champions Cup on Kayo last year which featured a lot of the Top 14 Clubs towards the end but it's no guarantee.

Can use a VPN and change your location if you want it that bad.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah I watched Top 14 last season using a VPN & a Canal+ subscription (France's Stan). Could only do that WFH though, can't do it this season as I'm back in the office. Sadly the same thing for watching F1. Only highlights now :(

There is a bloke who has an unofficial account on youtube that does like 10 minute highlight videos of each top 14 game, which I try and watch.