• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Wouldn’t they? The Force and Rebels with all their world class players aye. And those Tahs, what a great performance that was against the Blues
Well he wouldn’t start in front of Hooper, McReight or Wilkin and he doesn’t start in front of Scott or Brown and I don’t think he’d be a better finisher than Samu at test level.

But he does his role extremely well at the Brumbies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I don't think there's much doubt that the Brumbies should have and will have more representatives in the Wallabies squad than each of the other 4 franchises. I also don't think there's much doubt that Luke Reimer wont be one of them. Sure, he put in a good shift last night, but so did Ned Hanigan the day before. The difference is the teams they play for.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mentioned this in the northern hemisphere thread but it looks like there are plans in place to get guys outside the squad quite a bit of game time before and during the world cup:

Looks like there's an Australia A game against Tonga on July 15 and 5 (maybe 6) Barbarians games with Gilmore in coaching and Laurie Fisher, Berrick Barnes and Nathan Grey all assisting at various points. Not sure the dates of all of those games but I know the Bristol one is on the 7th of September, the day before the world cup starts.

This looks like a pretty big win for us having so much control over what that side looks like and how they're playing/training. Having a local shadow squad that's actually playing games could make a big difference given the injury toll we've seen in recent years.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While Jones doesn’t have to name his World Cup squad officially until August 28, the day after the Wallabies play France in Paris in their last match before the tournament gets away on September 8, it’s believed the experienced coach could name his squad as early as before the Bledisloe Cup in late July.

That would be very weird to name it before the Bledisle match. I assume he'd name it in name only and not submit officially to the tournament.

--

Also Skelton and Arnold (injury pending) are facing off against each other in the Top 14 final for the 3rd consecutive year (in an elimination) More game time than everyone but the Brumbies. They should both be pretty battle-hardened when they link with the squad.