• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
BR there is risk with a young and inexperienced test team. The advantage I see is that they haven’t been cultured to lose. I like the selection a lot.
accept all through super rugby and now in the first 4 test.. I don't think this matters too much.. but come on 80 percent of the squad spent the whole year getting to a lead and blowing it.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Look at some of the takes by the poster- you might get it.
Dru highliighted the word "Boomer" in your post that he referenced.

I take that to mean he was asking for an explanation of that term rather than the message in the post. Your couple of responses since seem to me to have missed the point.

Are you able to explain what you mean by a "Boomer take"? I would also be interested as it means nothing to me.

Linerunner2023

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can someone explain the max Jorgensen one? Absolute gun coming up but has not played much super rugby, not played for months and still not right to play? But gets selected - can only say this is looking to the future
And again jones getting going out on not selecting hooper or ikatau but selecting tupou, Kerevi and Jorgensen who are not fit?
I think jorgo is a 10 to 15 year wallaby but does he deserve to be in the plane?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dru highliighted the word "Boomer" in your post that he referenced.

I take that to mean he was asking for an explanation of that term rather than the message in the post. Your couple of responses since seem to me to have missed the point.

Are you able to explain what you mean by a "Boomer take"? I would also be interested as it means nothing to me.
He means old people with out dated idea's basically calling you anyone from older age idiots.. pretty common insult

EDIT:- Pathetic Insult. I got banned for less

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do posters here really think that Gordon is that much better than QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper)?

At this stage of his career, he is, at best, as good as QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper).
Nowhere near yet but he should be the backup and starting some pool games. Its a lot of pressure for a young inexperienced player

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was against making Gordon our standout starting flyhalf this year, but I can see the logic based on results to date.

This RWC is a changing of the guard, no point muddying the waters with whose team it is. For all the ‘positive impact’ people perceive that Quade might have, he’s also a front runner and wants to be the biggest voice in the room if he’s running the team. Eddie clearly wants Carter to take control and run the team around how he plays. I think he’s good enough to start doing that.

The issue is depth and that’s across all positions. Everything is fine in theory until he goes down.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Goal kicking is a massive red flag for us. We do not have a recognised test standard goal kicker in the whole squad.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jones might argue that they can teach Gordon and Donaldson to be better at it but the RWC is no place for that.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Eddie wants them to base themselves in Europe for what, 6 weeks and realistically just be on standby. Hooper has a young family
6-week break from that noise to dick around with your footy pals in Europe?

bill-hader-sign-me-up.gif

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
A fair way out as Mark isn't listed as a centre or utility?
I stated that of what he suggested the only one not there was Marky. I think that was a pretty good shot. None of you would have guessed that Tate and Gordon would be our 9/10 or that Tom Hooper would be there.

Nope I don’t think anyone thinking Carter Gordon at 10 or Tate at 9 was too outlandish. They were the next most obvious decisions for the respective positions. Nawaqanitawase to 13 however not in the same realm of selection thought process. Hence why people laughed at it
The entire G&G site saw it all as a possibility. These are a few detractors of which you were one (hypocrisy anyone?)wrote:

Ghost: Please call 1800 333 000 about this individual.

Wallaby Man: Yes this guy knows more than Eddie Jones, Dave Rennie, Rob Baxter, Dan McKellar, Laurie Fisher and Stephen Larkham.
Say hello to Campo for us

Slim293: Old man in bizarre rant shocker...

Cyclopath (at least some humour): Simultaneously trolling Brumby Runner and Rodha!

RugbyReg: I love my old man and he has also been around rugby for a long time and coached at a pretty high level, but he reckons Harry Wilson should move to hooker. Whatever.

I must applaud your brilliance in seeing this as a possibility. NOT....

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Stillmissit is coming off the back fence to challenge him. I didn't think this forum was big enough for a bot but the recent combo of 'I'm mates with Bob Dwyer'/wingers can't catch/'left wing posters said I was wrong' was absolutely all-time.
Hi, I get it that you are trying to kiss arse here but really!
I have never claimed to be mates with Bob Dwyer and only met him a couple of times in my life. Many wingers are not all wingers, LW posters is my perception based on the cheer squad that turns up at every hint at LW ideology and boo any RW ideology. Smart arse replies such as those ageist ones against me (which I find childish) and derogatory suggestions regarding Bob Dwyer.
If you want to attack me you will have to do a lot better than this little piss whistle.

BTW I don't do complaints, so you can say what the fuck you like and I'll reply as I suspect I am more erudite than you are.

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can someone explain the max Jorgensen one? Absolute gun coming up but has not played much super rugby, not played for months and still not right to play? But gets selected - can only say this is looking to the future
And again jones getting going out on not selecting hooper or ikatau but selecting tupou, Kerevi and Jorgensen who are not fit?
I think jorgo is a 10 to 15 year wallaby but does he deserve to be in the plane?
Agree with your logic but the results at the end of the line may give us a very different story or prove it as a stupid idea.

griffins

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi, I get it that you are trying to kiss arse here but really!
I have never claimed to be mates with Bob Dwyer and only met him a couple of times in my life. Many wingers are not all wingers, LW posters is my perception based on the cheer squad that turns up at every hint at LW ideology and boo any RW ideology. Smart arse replies such as those ageist ones against me (which I find childish) and derogatory suggestions regarding Bob Dwyer.
If you want to attack me you will have to do a lot better than this little piss whistle.

BTW I don't do complaints, so you can say what the fuck you like and I'll reply as I suspect I am more erudite than you are.

What does erudite mean? I'm dumb.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Because he's earned it over other players, i.e. Wright and Hodge. Takeaway his age and compare all 3 players individually based on their super rugby performances and Jorgensen was clearly above Hodge and marginally better than Wright.