• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The biggest worry is how stuffed we are with penalties. Gordon isn’t kicking the penalties and our maul is pathetic. Who is the maul coach, is it the Castres guy?

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
The biggest worry is how stuffed we are with penalties. Gordon isn’t kicking the penalties and our maul is pathetic. Who is the maul coach, is it the Castres guy?
There were reports in some of the media that the team was executing a "new" game plan, the inference was that this was some kind of subterfuge. Maybe our sub-standard maul work was intentional. One thing about Eddie, he is full of tricks.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's a great sign, but I'd expect there's a large difference between golf fit and test match rugby fit for a fractured scapula
small difference really
Unknown.jpeg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There were reports in some of the media that the team was executing a "new" game plan, the inference was that this was some kind of subterfuge. Maybe our sub-standard maul work was intentional. One thing about Eddie, he is full of tricks.
I can see that against France or even in NZ but he definitely tried to win the other 3 matches…

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bit light on direction and leadership out there - think He will regret leaving Quade and Holloway out of the squad all together

Missed a couple players with nous and direction. Slips and Holloway

Missed in the backs - White & Ikitau

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bit light on direction and leadership out there - think He will regret leaving Quade and Holloway out of the squad all together

Missed a couple players with nous and direction. Slips and Holloway

Missed in the backs - White & Ikitau

What leadership does Quade actually provide? IG motivational posts?

He burnt all his goodwill with me after turning down the Aus A role and ignoring Eddie phone calls.

Sure he would have his friends in the team but some of his Aus A teammates that missed out must be looking at him and saying “what a Prima Donna”

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What leadership does Quade actually provide? IG motivational posts?

He burnt all his goodwill with me after turning down the Aus A role and ignoring Eddie phone calls.

Sure he would have his friends in the team but some of his Aus A teammates that missed out must be looking at him and saying “what a Prima Donna”

Tread carefully SX.

I’ve called out Quade’s ‘brand’ on these forums before and was accused of not backing a bloke who had ‘turned his life around’ and was ‘a great mentor and role model to many young Aussie players’.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Think I still prefer Holloway 6 and T Hoopoer 7 over McReight (if he's not playing Gleeson @ 7) the lineout became a shambles. Too much reliance on T Hooper and the French knew it.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hooper, White, Quade and Ikitau were all in the leadership group. Thats a massive loss in experience and direction. If Slips is out it is pretty much a bunch of rookies playing around Kerevi. If he out it’s just a bunch of rookies, as we saw on the weekend. The French played well within themselves on the weekend. They didn’t need to do any more.

Cannot go deep into a World Cup without experience and direction.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Tread carefully SX.

I’ve called out Quade’s ‘brand’ on these forums before and was accused of not backing a bloke who had ‘turned his life around’ and was ‘a great mentor and role model to many young Aussie players’.
Well a few coaches have thought he wasn’t worth being in their team? Maybe there is something in that? As if Jones wouldn’t have him in the squad if he thought he would help win the Cup.