• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’d say the larger burden of captaincy in the modern era is the PR and media commitments rather then the on-field decisions

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He never stops yapping to the poor ref, pick who you like as captain, in Nic's head he's the de facto captain anyway

giphy.gif

"You better f****** believe it c***".

images

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think White is one of our top two halfbacks right now.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It’s probably not unpopular in some corners of the third world…

Slim, I've gotcha thought here, but to the wider challenge by some Red fans - yeah, nah. White has 9 stitched in. Or rather Rennie has 9 stitched with the letters WHITE. Two great players fighting for the pine.

For now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Japan based players for the EOYT…

The Wallabies will play five Tests on the spring tour without star players Marika Koroibete, Quade Cooper and Rory Arnold after striking an agreement with Japanese clubs to not select them.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
No Japanese players to be picked ever again perhaps with the injured to Quade Cooper. His and Kerevi’s employers won’t be too happy.

I think it’s likely some of those teams update their contacts in the future.

I mentioned when Kerevi became eligible for Wallaby selection again last year, despite previously being ineligible, his Japanese employers would likely be upset because they had paid him a premium price to play exclusively for them.

When RA changed their eligibility criteria I’m sure it flagged with those Japanese teams and they would be offering slightly less money now because those blokes could still go off and play for the Wallabies.