• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)

You don't reckon you can have collisions in non-contact drills done at pace? Accidents happen. The next line: “We are obviously conscious of our injury toll but with Folau’s one, it was just a body in front, passive part of our attack structure.”
So they were doing a team run with defence? Why? That is always dumb, reserves going too hard trying to prove a point

did he explain how Porecki got knocked out? Tying his laces?

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)

You don't reckon you can have collisions in non-contact drills done at pace? Accidents happen. The next line: “We are obviously conscious of our injury toll but with Folau’s one, it was just a body in front, passive part of our attack structure.”
To be fair, it sums up the wallabies. “Lack of awareness” at least they train like they play!

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Latest world rankings:

Current World Rugby Rankings
Position Team Points
1 Ireland 90.03
2 France 89.41
3 South Africa 87.78
4 New Zealand 87.76
5 England 86.25
6 Scotland 81.93
7 Australia 81.65
8 Wales 81.28
9 Argentina 80.97
10 Japan 77.74
11 Samoa 75.75
12 Fiji 75.08
13 Georgia 74.51
14 Italy 73.29
15 Spain 69.27
16 Tonga 67.79
17 Romania 66.33
18 Uruguay 65.97
19 USA 65.17
20 Portugal 65.08

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
So they were doing a team run with defence? Why? That is always dumb, reserves going too hard trying to prove a point

did he explain how Porecki got knocked out? Tying his laces?
“We are obviously conscious of our injury toll but with Folau’s one, it was just a body in front, passive part of our attack structure.”
It was a non-contact team run with opposing players to take space, something incredibly routine

Hogie

Allen Oxlade (6)
I still believe that RA should keeping pushing on Louis Lynagh. The guy has great attributes for a full back but from an international perspective he will be stuck behind Steward for the whole of his career if he plays for England.

With the Japan based players not in contention for EOYT (which is crazy that RA agreed to this but that is another topic) I would be putting everything into LL joining the squad.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Are you really asking why a professional rugby team was training against defence?
It was a non contact team run, having the subs run defence is an old trope that never works. Dudes either don’t put effort in because they wished they were picked, or put too much effort in trying to prove a point
It was a non-contact team run with opposing players to take space, something incredibly routine
Take space haha. Everyone that has ever done one of these know the defenders are either too lazy or too excited. Either way if it’s non contact, the muppet that steamed in Fainga'a should have been sent home

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I still believe that Rugby Australia should keeping pushing on Louis Lynagh. The guy has great attributes for a full back but from an international perspective he will be stuck behind Steward for the whole of his career if he plays for England.

With the Japan based players not in contention for EOYT (which is crazy that Rugby Australia agreed to this but that is another topic) I would be putting everything into LL joining the squad.
He doesn’t want to play for the Wallabies. Why chase someone that isn’t really invested?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It was a non contact team run, having the subs run defence is an old trope that never works. Dudes either don’t put effort in because they wished they were picked, or put too much effort in trying to prove a point

Take space haha. Everyone that has ever done one of these know the defenders are either too lazy or too excited. Either way if it’s non contact, the muppet that steamed in Fainga'a should have been sent home
There top line rugby professionals, pretty sure they aren't getting too excited or being too lazy... probably a little different from subbies on a Wednesday night. Accidental is the key here, we can say what we will about other injuries during their time, but his explained this one.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Latest world rankings:

Current World Rugby Rankings
Position Team Points
1 Ireland 90.03
2 France 89.41
3 South Africa 87.78
4 New Zealand 87.76
5 England 86.25
6 Scotland 81.93
7 Australia 81.65
8 Wales 81.28
9 Argentina 80.97
10 Japan 77.74
11 Samoa 75.75
12 Fiji 75.08
13 Georgia 74.51
14 Italy 73.29
15 Spain 69.27
16 Tonga 67.79
17 Romania 66.33
18 Uruguay 65.97
19 USA 65.17
20 Portugal 65.08

Fuck me that’s grim

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not sure your subbies experience is relevant in the professional environment

Never played subbies, played club rugby in NZ and International in Europe

irrespective, Rennie has a track record of injuries wherever he goes Wellington, Manawatu, MZ under 20’s, Wallabies) so it’s not far fetched to question his methods. 17 injuries is not simply bad luck

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
There top line rugby professionals, pretty sure they aren't getting too excited or being too lazy... probably a little different from subbies on a Wednesday night. Accidental is the key here, we can say what we will about other injuries during their time, but his explained this one.
Top line Rugby professionals and Wallabies haven’t belonged in the same sentence for a while

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Look, I understand that not all these injuries are avoidable, but when you hit 17 injuries after only playing 5 games, somethings not quite right

Ive always liked Rennie as a coach, but man he gets off easy. Rod McQueen got critiqued harder

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm not sure your subbies experience is relevant in the professional environment

Never played subbies, played club rugby in NZ and International in Europe

irrespective, Rennie has a track record of injuries wherever he goes Wellington, Manawatu, MZ under 20’s, Wallabies) so it’s not far fetched to question his methods. 17 injuries is not simply bad luck
Ah, the old 'All Black triallist'