• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
desperat.jpg

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Don’t love that move.
I think losing wisemantle was tough but I reckon he knew eddie was coming in one way or another so decided to look for a job elsewhere!
Why wouldn’t they hire eddie for 10 months to oversee super rugby teams or something and bring him in post Debbie’s World Cup. Not sure I think rennie deserves that but I’m guessing he was told that rugby Aus want eddie in as director or rugby or something and his statement the other day is what did him in

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Feel sorry for Rennie. He was dealt a pretty tough hand. 2 years of COVID then the most injury plagued season at the same time as more top Aussie players leave the country than ever. We'll never know how he could've gone, can't imagine there's much love left now.

Oh well, that's life. Fun now because it removes any incumbency for players. Have no idea if blindside will be Holloway, Leota or Nadolo.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does this mean Wisemantel's time with family is going to come to an end?

I assume he'll at least be stuck with the current assistants until the end of RWC 2023?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
“It is a major coup for Australian Rugby to have the best coach in the world return home to coach the iconic Wallabies and to oversee the Wallaroos program,” McLennan said.
Hmmmmmm…

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
I fear for some of our younger guys (and girls!! - thanks reg!) and what i imagine will be a huge culture shock going from rennie to jones.

its gonna be a change thats for sure

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Does this mean Wisemantel's time with family is going to come to an end?

I assume he'll at least be stuck with the current assistants until the end of RWC 2023?
You almost hope so. Is there anyone left in the building who knows how to use the microwave?

Complete sweepout of all three top coaches. Eddie will be a busy man.