• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
gamble as a test option #7

he is below Hooper in the pecking order at the Tahs and he is somehow going to shimmy into the wallabies setup as a guy who’s been coming off the bench for the Tahs?
I'm just talking about inclusion for a stats comparison..

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think the Wallabies are good enough to beat anyone in the top 4 in a final at the moment
No one is invincible. A beaten English side fought pretty well with 14 players against the best team in the world. France had to fight until the very end to beat Scotland so... They aren't the 2015 ABs, they just have more Southern hemisphere players in key positions

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No one is invincible. A beaten English side fought pretty well with 14 players against the best team in the world. France had to fight until the very end to beat Scotland so... They aren't the 2015 ABs, they just have more Southern hemisphere players in key positions
Not to mention Aus nearly did France and Ireland in their own backyard.

It really is anyone's RWC. I would just exclude Argentina (no offence), Scotland and Wales. Eng/Aus might not have the form but have more tournament pedigree than France and Ireland.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not to mention Aus nearly did France and Ireland in their own backyard.

It really is anyone's RWC. I would just exclude Argentina (no offence), Scotland and Wales. Eng/Aus might not have the form but have more tournament pedigree than France and Ireland.
Argentina is a dangerous rival for Australia. They have 10 years of experience playing the Rugby Championship, their coach knows everything about Australia and their clashes with Eddie are specials. Last year Cheika beat Eddie in London, something that Rennie couldn't achieve as WBs head coach

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't disagree I just can't see Argentina winning 3 huge games in a row to win it. If they get a big scalp, they'll fall in the next game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I like the Argies come RWC time. They tend to be in their sweet spot when they are forgotten about, and they just get down to business. Last time it was in France they did beat the French twice. Every chance Ireland are doing what they do a year out from a WC. The French are known for spectacular bed shitting even though this team seems to have a sturdiness to it that has been lacking previously but they have A LOT of expectation at this one.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
A legend. Australia’s own Kieren Reid but shunned because he did not play tight enough. Samo was great too. Ben McCalman was a solid option but Higgers was the shit!

wtf meme.PNG

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A comment in the last Eddie pod that sticks with me.

"Competing isn't good enough. We should never be satisfied with that."

Put's the heroic loss in it's place. Success starts with a W.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
A couple of brief comments Reg
I remain to be convinced that Petaia, despite his undoubted physical attributes, really has a football brain. As such, I think Banks is still the leading contender for FB, Hodge the back-up, but personally I would like to see a lot more of Kellaway there, he really has some smarts
At 10 JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is looking more and more like a place-holder only. Lolesio is the obvious contender, but I remain to be convinced. I am a big Harrison fan, however he may finish up spending the season at 15. I haven't seen Carter Gordon, but by all accounts he is the messiah (now where have we heard that before?)
Leota looks to me to be our 6, however both Swinton and Wilson have this Super season to push their chances (in the case of Wilson with Valetini switching to 6). I think Ned will probably play lock when he returns, as the Tahs don't have any of them!
I agree that Mafi is the best available hooker. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) is okay, but imo that's all. Uelese, Porecki (I obviously rate him higher than you), McInerney and Kaitu'u are all pretty even to me, and imo all clearly in front of Lonergan
Just my personal opinions, plenty will disagree
Carter Gordon gets better each game. Much better defender than Noah and takes on the line better. Massive boot that will get more consistent with play.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
A comment in the last Eddie pod that sticks with me.

"Competing isn't good enough. We should never be satisfied with that."

Put's the heroic loss in it's place. Success starts with a W.
So rumours firming today that RA has signed a 19 year old NRL player on $1.6m!!

Slap in the face if all the pathway guys who get fractions of that money.

that could have been used to foster and retain talent.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
So rumours firming today that Rugby Australia has signed a 19 year old NRL player on $1.6m!!

Slap in the face if all the pathway guys who get fractions of that money.

that could have been used to foster and retain talent.
The money does not come from RA - it comes from rich supporters.

I support club rugby (financially), like a lot of other followers of our great game, and I am happy to keep doing my little bit. Slap in the face? Really? We should feel aggrieved if this once in a generation talent switches to play our game?

Not me, I am delighted. He will bring more interest into our game, and more success on the field. What on earth is wrong with that?