• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Morgs says Jorgensen won't be ready for about another month... Meanwhile Eddie cites Hooper's injury ("might be ready for France but we're not sure") and Quade's lack of potency since his achilles as decisions to leave them out. Certainly something

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Morgs says Jorgensen won't be ready for about another month... Meanwhile Eddie cites Hooper's injury ("might be ready for France but we're not sure") and Quade's lack of potency since his achilles as decisions to leave them out. Certainly something
Eddie did correct him on Jorgensen, said it would be 2 or 3 weeks and he should be right for the warm up against France.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Skelton has won more than anyone else in the squad so not a crazy call

Fines was really good vs Tonga so excited to see him a crack too. Lonergan unlucky, but good for the depth

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Eddie did correct him on Jorgensen, said it would be 2 or 3 weeks and he should be right for the warm up against France.
Fair enough - still pretty rough on the guy though. Coming in with not only no game time, but with understandably limited training.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
God, Eddie Jones is such a patronising fuck.

He complains about and lambasts fans in Dunedin during an interview with Jeff Wilsin cos he says they aren’t ‘real rugby fans’ but he has the gall to stand there and say bullshit like

“I’ve backed the young blokes because they earned it. Simple as that. I haven’t handed it to them. They grabbed it."

“It’s a young squad, it’s an exciting squad and it will be a successful squad.”

GTFOH and stop bullshitting us man. You selected a team that is about the future and NOT winning this RWC. And that’s fine, that’s his prerogative. But spare us the fake hype cos it’s not fooling the ‘real rugby fans.’

Last edited:

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
A ” very low expectations so everything is a bonus” squad. Some mind blowing selections. Again, either a complete madman or a genius. So far the genius hasn’t been seen in results.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the back 3 will be

Jorgensen/Koribete on the wings. Petaia at fullback.

My logic is same reason as we started Petaia in 2019.

the one good thing cheika got my respect on was backing the prodigy… back Jorgensen on his raw skills and freak ability (you can’t teach that type of speed)

behind Kerevi, Petaia was probably our best performer in Japan. he was 18 years old in 2019

My bolter prediction back in April.

I hope that knees ok, go get it Jorgensen.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
God, Eddie Jones is such a patronising fuck.

He complains about and lambasts fans in Dunedin during an interview with Jeff Wilsin cos he says they aren’t ‘real rugby fans’ but he has the gall to stand there and say bullshit like

“I’ve backed the young blokes because they earned it. Simple as that. I haven’t handed it to them. They grabbed it."

“It’s a young squad, it’s an exciting squad and it will be a successful squad.”

GTFOH and stop bullshitting rugby fans. You selected a team that is about the future and NOT winning this RWC. And that’s fine, that’s his prerogative. But spare us the fake hype cos it’s not fooling the ‘real rugby fans.’
No what's patronizing is Kiwi media telling how us how proud of the Wallabies we should be for getting so close to winning a game, and that we should all throw a party because we almost won

And speaking of bullshitting fans, why are NZ still pretending Ian Foster is the coach?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m so excited for this team…

There’s rugby scouts across the globe watching old highlights of super rugby/NRC matches watching unfamiliar names that Eddie has just selected.

Also believe Eddie maintained the gateau law of 3 maximum…

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
No what's patronizing is Kiwi media telling how us how proud of the Wallabies we should be for getting so close to winning a game, and that we should all throw a party because we almost won

And speaking of bullshitting fans, why are NZ still pretending Ian Foster is the coach?
Nah fuck that….the RWC is the pinnacle of the sport we love and EJ (Eddie Jones) is shitting all over it and trying to tell us it’s fucken roses.

Disgraceful.