• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Eddie is going down the youth path, a pretty concerning approach to take leading into a world cup, cleaning out the experienced heads & stronger personalities, just as Robbie did going into 2011, and the team subsequently fizzled under the weight of pressure, Genia 23, Cooper 23, Ioane 24, Pocock 22, McCabe 23, Fainga'a 24, Beale 22, Bieber 21 - they would've had a much better chance with the mentally strong seasoned veterans Giteau and G.Smith starting at 12 and 7, two of Australia's greatest ever, and Robbie sent them packing, in their prime, aged 28! They should've finished up as the two most capped Wallabies ever. An outright national travesty that should never have allowed to happen.

1694076040030.png

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Eddie is going down the youth path, a pretty concerning approach to take leading into a world cup, cleaning out the experienced heads & stronger personalities, just as Robbie did going into 2011, and the team subsequently fizzled under the weight of pressure, Genia 23, Cooper 23, Ioane 24, Pocock 22, McCabe 23, Fainga'a 24, Beale 22, Bieber 21 - they would've had a much better chance with the mentally strong seasoned veterans Giteau and G.Smith starting at 12 and 7, two of Australia's greatest ever, and Robbie sent them packing, in their prime, aged 28! They should've finished up as the two most capped Wallabies ever. An outright national travesty that should never have allowed to happen.
Do you have any posts from the past decade? Asking for a forum.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Holloway played some decent games at the end of last year I thought, but he has certainly never played a test match anywhere near as good as T Hooper in Dunedin last month.

Holloway fucked up less and was good around the pitch, certainly less impact than Hooper is capable of.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
I have worked it out. Eddie playing Donaldson and hoping he gets injured so he can throw him out of the squad. They guy would not have made the Randwick Grand Final team and here he is at Fullback in our first World Cup game.
What a joke!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Donaldson must be doing somethings right around the squad and the training field, he keeps getting selected, the same at the Tahs and then he is poached by the Force to the bewilderment of many

And a lot of different coaches have seemed to like what he adds

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah don’t think it was poached. He’s no better than Edmed IMO but he’s a capped Wallaby so is going to cost more. Good depth for the Force but Pasitoa is better.

Must be a huge vibes guy. Walking around in his Wicks budgies to remind Eddie.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
potato/potatoe, I think they offered enough incentives for him to move across the world
You mean a contract, not that I thought if the Tah's got it right or wrong, but the guy's contract came up at the wrong time, others still signed and playing the same position then a capped Wallaby, I think it could have easily been one of the other 3 (Bowen, Edmed, Harrison) and to my eye's Tah's kept the correct 3 IMO

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Donaldson must be doing somethings right around the squad and the training field, he keeps getting selected, the same at the Tahs and then he is poached by the Force to the bewilderment of many

Now, where have I heard that before?

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)

He is consistently mediocre. No highs. No lows (except the occasional missed clutch goal). That said, and I hate to admit it, but I would have him the squad ahead of Lolesio and Edmed.