• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
MacKellar I’d take, I’d be weary of Schmidt considering how poorly it ended in Ireland, how much the team has improved after he left and not exactly glowing comments from his former players

Andy Friend can be an assistant, but hes no where near qualified enough for the top job
Really, I think Schmidt left Ireland in a better place then when he started, yes they failed at the quarter finals. But the Wallabies could use his attention to detail.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If Eddie is set to quit, which is looking more and more likely, the big question now is what sort of non-compete clause did they put in his contract that'll mean Japan will need to buy it out?

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
If Eddie is set to quit, which is looking more and more likely, the big question now is what sort of non-compete clause did they put in his contract that'll mean Japan will need to buy it out?
There is zero chance they put in a non-compete clause. Eddie would have never signed that. If im wrong I'll eat my hat

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

The Australian also reporting Jones is set to quit and take over Japan
I wouldn't say that is 'also'. Its just multiple people sharing the same japanese news. It's not like a new, original source that corroborates the story.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
A couple of points. Firstly, to state the obvious, this has been a fark up of the highest proportions. Secondly, if Eddie decides to jump, RA should let him go. Thirdly, I doubt that Joe Schmidt would be interested.

My pick, out of left field, is Simon Cron.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm pretty certain Schmidt isn't looking for any HC roles and really only accepted greater involvement in the AB's because Foster was such a disaster.

With Vern Cotter at the Blues, he'll probably get his coaching fix there as a assistant/consultant, or whatever. Or maybe some background work with NZR.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Really, I think Schmidt left Ireland in a better place then when he started, yes they failed at the quarter finals. But the Wallabies could use his attention to detail.
That sounds exactly like something you could say about Eddie just before he got the Wallabies job

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I'm pretty certain Schmidt isn't looking for any HC roles and really only accepted greater involvement in the AB's because Foster was such a disaster.

With Vern Cotter at the Blues, he'll probably get his coaching fix there as a assistant/consultant, or whatever. Or maybe some background work with NZR.
He's bitter about not getting the AB's gig, so anything is possible

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
A couple of points. Firstly, to state the obvious, this has been a fark up of the highest proportions. Secondly, if Eddie decides to jump, Rugby Australia should let him go. Thirdly, I doubt that Joe Schmidt would be interested.

My pick, out of left field, is Simon Cron.
I think Cron is the best of the coaches based in Australia.

It would take a huge leap from RA to go that route. From Cron also.

I think the first targets would be McKellar & Larkham being established brands in Rugby and coaching in Aus.

Imagine if they gave Rennie a call since he's still on the books. I shouldn't laugh.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If the rumour mill is true - does this make McLennan's position untenable?
You'd have to think so, it was billed as his captain's pick and he was out there crowing about it as much as he could when he thought it was a coup for Australian rugby, so it only follows he needs to take responsibility for the failure. Off the back of this in addition to the failure to find private equity funding it's hard to see how he could stay in his post.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)