• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think Skelton will still be in the picture for 2025, whilst the Canhams of the world keep building. We've just seen the results of moving on from the old heads entirely and being out muscled. I'll stick with your 35, and leave foreigners out also

Hookers - BPA, Faessler, Uelese
Props - AAA, Tupou, Bell - Pone, Hodgman & Eloff (think he is eligible next year?)
*I don't rate nonggoor or Gibbon and Robertson is studying medicine in the UK
Locks - Rodda, Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Canham
Backrow - Gleeson, Valetini, Hooper, Leota, Mcreight, Holloway/Swinton
Halfbacks - Mcdermott, Lonergan, IFL
Flyhalves - Gordon, Donaldson, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)!!
Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Perese, Petaia
Outside - Jorgenson, Markymark, Kellaway, Wright, Vunivalu
My opinion:

No to Uelese;
No to Pone and Hodgman, query about Eloff;
No to Rodda until he actually plays some games and shows the level of form required, query about LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Canham;
No in spades to Donaldson, cannot lock in a starting spot at Super level - never a test player, no to JOC (James O'Connor);
No to Petaia in the centres, query about Paisami and Perese;
No to Vunivalu. Add Petaia.

Players I've marked with a query are those imo who have not established themselves at the required level.

I reckon you've got the half backs and backrow right. I am hoping that better players will come out of the woodwork over the next couple of years in those spots where we have deficiencies or issues, so that we can put up a good contest against the Lions and at the RWC in 27.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Would certainly look at Harry Hockings and Opeti Helu, both very physical players, we got sadly found out in the lock position with any form of physicality at the collision, Frost is ok at the lineout and support play, the rest he relies on the tight 5 to do the hard yards. Hockings will give you a lot more in this area. I do like how Canham is developing as well
Harry Hockings and physical just don't go together. OTOH, Nick Frost actually made over 5 metres carrying three Welsh players on his back and around his legs on one occasion. Chalk and Cheese.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Who thinks Eddie will still be coach come next July when Wales come down under?
He'll be the coach, I'm certain when he put the broom through the team RA new it could go all tits up. Unless he quits which I don't think he will Eddie be around for while.

Same with Hamish.. he'll stay the course and we have one more game then a massive break to forget everything that's happened.

I don't care either way to be honest.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Whether it’s justified or not I feel that Eddies position is now untenable with the rugby public. I got some feedback from well connected Aussies in France today, the vitriol is extreme and very directed. With regards to his contract, there would have to be KPIs associated with the end of year review, surely of which none have been met.

Heres what I see happening:
- Eddie will resign, whether or not that is to go to the JRU I have no idea
- every assistant will also be sent packing
- Morgan Turinui will be appointed by Rugby Australia to assemble the new coaching panel, and could end up with a role on the final panel himself

I won’t make any predictions about the board, but the aforementioned vitriol is also directed at them, so I expect we can see a shake up there as well.
I think these people are going to be disappointed...

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
My opinion:

No to Uelese;
No to Pone and Hodgman, query about Eloff;
No to Rodda until he actually plays some games and shows the level of form required, query about LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Canham;
No in spades to Donaldson, cannot lock in a starting spot at Super level - never a test player, no to JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor);
No to Petaia in the centres, query about Paisami and Perese;
No to Vunivalu. Add Petaia.

Players I've marked with a query are those imo who have not established themselves at the required level.

I reckon you've got the half backs and backrow right. I am hoping that better players will come out of the woodwork over the next couple of years in those spots where we have deficiencies or issues, so that we can put up a good contest against the Lions and at the RWC in 27.

not an attack cause I like your points on most stuff, my view

Uelese to go into every camp & compete scrum wise with LL & Pollard to show them how to scrum while never actually getting a game, last thing we need is to develop more "speedy" hookers more Marx/Bongi/George/Sheenhan
We need someone from SRpac next season to stand up behind Nela if that Pone or Nagoor who care just pick the best inform
Rodda is coming from a long way back & the only was he is to get back is performance on the park
yep agree with donaldson until he proves us wrong
agree on Petaia
Vunivalu is prob the only person to actually improve under eddie

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
I think Skelton will still be in the picture for 2025, whilst the Canhams of the world keep building. We've just seen the results of moving on from the old heads entirely and being out muscled. I'll stick with your 35, and leave foreigners out also

Hookers - BPA, Faessler, Uelese
Props - AAA, Tupou, Bell - Pone, Hodgman & Eloff (think he is eligible next year?)
*I don't rate nonggoor or Gibbon and Robertson is studying medicine in the UK
Locks - Rodda, Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Canham
Backrow - Gleeson, Valetini, Hooper, Leota, Mcreight, Holloway/Swinton
Halfbacks - Mcdermott, Lonergan, IFL
Flyhalves - Gordon, Donaldson, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)!!
Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Perese, Petaia
Outside - Jorgenson, Markymark, Kellaway, Wright, Vunivalu
- Hookers - I'd have Porecki in there over Uelese. Although, as I'm typing that, I feel like I'll regret it.
- Props - I'll need to see consistent minutes from Pone. Agree with Nonggor. I've liked what I've seen of Schoupp, so would have him in there somewhere.
- Locks - Skelton is a lock for mine. Canham still has a way to go. At this stage, I'd have Swain over him (I know that'll ruffle some feathers). It'll be good to see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) back in Super Rugby.
- Backrow - Picks itself, really. I'd include Holloway. He's a handy replacement to have and provides some leadership, especially around the lineout.
- Halfbacks - no arguments there
- Flyhalves - this makes for tough reading, as none of them at the moment really do it for me. It'll be good to see all the young 10s (Edmed, Lynagh, Donaldson, Lolesio & Gordon) go at it. Hopefully, one of them blows us away with their form.
Centres - I'd have Flook here over Petaia, with Jordy included in the outside back group.
Outside backs - Petaia for Wright and a toss of a coin between Wright and Suli.

Possible bolters:
- Pollard
- Potter - he looked the goods in their games vs the Cheetahs. He's very dependable and has a solid boot on him. Probably something we've lacked in our back three as of late.
- Lee-Warner - 29 this year. It might be a little late for him but he has a good work rate and a bit of starch to his game.
- Amatosero - this might be a shot in the dark but I wouldn't be surprised if he's brought into a few Wallaby camps.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
- Hookers - I'd have Porecki in there over Uelese. Although, as I'm typing that, I feel like I'll regret it.
- Props - I'll need to see consistent minutes from Pone. Agree with Nonggor. I've liked what I've seen of Schoupp, so would have him in there somewhere.
- Locks - Skelton is a lock for mine. Canham still has a way to go. At this stage, I'd have Swain over him (I know that'll ruffle some feathers). It'll be good to see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) back in Super Rugby.
- Backrow - Picks itself, really. I'd include Holloway. He's a handy replacement to have and provides some leadership, especially around the lineout.
- Halfbacks - no arguments there
- Flyhalves - this makes for tough reading, as none of them at the moment really do it for me. It'll be good to see all the young 10s (Edmed, Lynagh, Donaldson, Lolesio & Gordon) go at it. Hopefully, one of them blows us away with their form.
Centres - I'd have Flook here over Petaia, with Jordy included in the outside back group.
Outside backs - Petaia for Wright and a toss of a coin between Wright and Suli.

Possible bolters:
- Pollard
- Potter - he looked the goods in their games vs the Cheetahs. He's very dependable and has a solid boot on him. Probably something we've lacked in our back three as of late.
- Lee-Warner - 29 this year. It might be a little late for him but he has a good work rate and a bit of starch to his game.
- Amatosero - this might be a shot in the dark but I wouldn't be surprised if he's brought into a few Wallaby camps.
- Move on from Porecki & Uelese
- Schoupp hasn't proved himself, although has only been given 5 minute cameos off the bench
- Skelton will be to old by the time of the next WC

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
None of us have any idea when the story was at a stage where it was verified to the extent that they were happy to publish.

We know that they put the questions to Rugby Australia and Eddie Jones in the last week and were rebuffed. Clearly it was poor management of the situation that they didn't respond.
BH have a look at the posters who are disagreeing with you and then consider whether you need to put the energy into rational responses.