• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wallabies vs Wales - July 2024 - Squad

1. Bell / Slipper / Vella
2. Porecki / Nasser / Pollard
3. Ala'alatoa / Tupou / Kautai
4. Frost / Williams
5. Skelton / Salakai-Loto
6. Swinton / Hooper
7. McReight / Reimer
8. Valetini / Talataina
9. McDermott / Lonergan
10. Gordon / Lynagh
11. Kellaway / G Vaihu
12. Paisami / Foketi
13. Ikitau / Flook
14. Nawananitawase / Petaia
15. Jorgenson / Harrison
My go

1. Bell, Gibbon, Schoupp
2. BPA, Lonergan, Faessler
3. AAA, Tupou, Nonggorr
4. Frost, Rodda
5. Skelton, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Hooper, Leota
7. McReight, Gleeson
8. Valentini, Wilson
9. McDermott, Lonergan, IFL
10. Gordon, Lynagh, Harrison
11. Vuniavalu, Wright
12. Paisami, Foketi
13. Ikitau, Perese/Flook
14. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), Petaia
15. Kellaway, Jorgensen

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
My go

1. Bell, Gibbon, Schoupp
2. BPA, Lonergan, Faessler
3. AAA, Tupou, Nonggorr
4. Frost, Rodda
5. Skelton, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Hooper, Leota
7. McReight, Gleeson
8. Valentini, Wilson
9. McDermott, Lonergan, IFL
10. Gordon, Lynagh, Harrison
11. Vuniavalu, Wright
12. Paisami, Foketi
13. Ikitau, Perese/Flook
14. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Petaia
15. Kellaway, Jorgensen

Good team. BPA and Rodda definitely good calls if fit and firing. Feel good that one or more of Harrison, Lynagh or Gordon will kick on. Need to prioritise kick skills in selection.

For me, Talataina and Flook are a case of when not if for gold. Pasitoa the other young gun with obvious class... needs a year or two of super before ready.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Watching the last couple of games live I think it is underestimated how much damage kerevi and koribete do to players when they hit them. There were many times when biggar, anscombe etc and the Portuguese players had to miss 3 or 4 phases because they were curled up in a ball in agony. I know there is more to their game than that but the hits were massive and legal

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Kerevi is past his use by date for the Wallabies, not just on playing form but that his style at 12 could be a thing of the past. Backline play must become more nuanced and versatile from the big, hit it up, crash ball style of 12 when every opposition knows at least 90% of the time what the play is going to be. I just don't think Samu K has that in him.

I think Kerevi was doing way more than crash ball in 2021 when he was in outstanding form. He was playing a pretty complete game with passing and offloading and some good kicking.

It all starts with his how dangerous he is as a runner so he needs to get that dynamism back.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Samu is clearly well below his best and he's 30, so you'd imagine that his days are numbered as a test footballer. That said, I think it's worth keeping him in the Wallaby squad until a clear successor at 12 emerges. We're a bit thin there right now.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Kerevi was doing way more than crash ball in 2021 when he was in outstanding form. He was playing a pretty complete game with passing and offloading and some good kicking.

It all starts with his how dangerous he is as a runner so he needs to get that dynamism back.
Nail on the head. The same can be said for other 'physical' centres who have dropped off a bit recently (i.e. Paisami, Perese to an extent) - when at their best, their running is only one string to their bow.

Last edited:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nail on the head. The same can be said for other 'physical' centres who have dropped of a bit recently (i.e. Paisami, Perese to an extent) - when at their best, their running is only one string to their bow.

Ma'a Nonu was the prototype. Originally a "crash ball" 12 who developed into the most complete 12 in World Rugby and stayed there for a long period of time..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ma'a Nonu was the prototype. Originally a "crash ball" 12 who developed into the most complete 12 in World Rugby and stayed there for a long period of time..

Absolutely. It's enormous credit to Nonu that he went away and actively worked on his game and broaden his skill base. I reckon him and Jerome Kaino were two vital ingredients that made that All Black team as good as it was. The last push over the edge if you will.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Surely Reimer gets a run next year, offers more than Mcreight in attack and at the breakdown
Lol.

I like Reimer and would rate him the best on ball 7 in the country, but he needs to get into the Brumbies starting side before we think anything more at this stage. He's brought on in the last 15 mins to shut them down which he does but around the field I don't think we have seen much.

I rate Jahrome Brown and he fits the big bodied 7 Eddie seems to like.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
1 Bell
2 Porecki
3 Tupou
4 Rodha
5 Skelton
6 Hooper
7 McReight
8 Valentini

9 McDermott
10 Gordon
11 Vunivalu
12 Ikitau
13 Kellaway
14 Nawananitawase
15 Petaia

16 Faessler
17 slipper
18 AAA
19 Uru
20 Gleeson
21 Jorgensen
22 Nic White
23 TBD

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
1 Bell
2 Porecki
3 Tupou
4 Rodha
5 Skelton
6 Hooper
7 McReight
8 Valentini

9 McDermott
10 Gordon
11 Vunivalu
12 Ikitau
13 Kellaway
14 Nawananitawase
15 Petaia

16 Faessler
17 slipper
18 AAA
19 Uru
20 Gleeson
21 Jorgensen
22 Nic White
23 TBD

I dont think we will see 7A's much next yr maybe the RC onwards

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Not sure if anyone listens to the rugby pod but Jim, Andy (hates Eddie) and Andy were all separately saying they thought it looked like Eddie had lost the dressing room.
Definitely did got that impression in the wales game and Portugal wasn’t much better.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They've looked it since Fiji.

I know we just get a quick glance but when half of them are looking at their boots while he's talking to the group in the semi circle it does look like what happens when people have given up/don't like you.