• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
See Tomthumbs comment but yeah 9 metres v Wales, his defence has been off this year time to move on we’ll lose a lot of experience but at least they’ve invested time into Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) and Vunivalu as the two wingers going forward with Tom Wright first backup

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), Wright, Pietsch, Toole, Vunivalu, Jordy P, Muirhead all good to go in 2024, and Sua'ali'i in 2025.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The only way Eddie is going is if he chooses to. a) McLennan isn't ever going to admit he fucked up, his ego is as big as Eddie's b) and even if he did, there's no way RA can afford to pay him out.
As to him going to Japan, remember the article only said Eddie was down to the last three, quite possible he won't even be offered the job, particularly after what we've just seen.
All we can hope for is these young players do continue to develop, he employs some quality assistants, and he is able to somehow see past his own perceived brilliance to pick a goal-kicker when he goes into a test.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The best sides now all have massive, aggressive dynamic pigs

That is where the games are won

bang on - and we have Tupou and Bell really only. Frost with an off-season in the gym and on BokPills. Valetini perhaps.

Looking further afield I think there is potential with:

- Josh Nasser
- Harry Wilson (but needs a harder edge to his game)
- Langi Gleeson
- Lachie Lonergan
- Hooper (see Frost)
- Pone (but with minutes under his belt which he likely won't get)
- Eloff maybe
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Vaiolini Ekuasi (when / if eligible)
- Leafi Talataina
- Siosifa Amone
- Felix Kalapu
- Jeremy Williams maybe

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Not sure if anyone listens to the rugby pod but Jim, Andy (hates Eddie) and Andy were all separately saying they thought it looked like Eddie had lost the dressing room.
Definitely did got that impression in the wales game and Portugal wasn’t much better.
I’d take everything they say with a grain of salt. Old Goode seems to have an unhealthy hatred of Eddie Jones

I don’t think he’s lost the players. “Lost the dressing room” is low brow punditry that is a catch all when you can’t actually explain why a team isn’t good

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’d add Billy Pollard in that group. Has the extra gear in him.

The HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Blyth types aren’t going to win Tests.

BPA if fit and playing like he was takes the starting Hooker job immediately. Porecki isn’t bad and throws well and but if available BPA is a big upgrade.

Last edited:

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From the current u20s crop I also liked the look of Barrett, De Lutiis, Slack-Smith and John Bryant. Would also add Amatosero into that mix from what I've seen. More widely, it is very pleasing we've kept Hadley Tonga in Union. In years past, he certainly would be playing League you feel. Anyone know where Fakafanua is contracted next year?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
From the current u20s crop I also liked the look of Barrett, De Lutiis, Slack-Smith and John Bryant. Would also add Amatosero into that mix from what I've seen. More widely, it is very pleasing we've kept Hadley Tonga in Union. In years past, he certainly would be playing League you feel. Anyone know where Fakafanua is contracted next year?
Not sure but the fact he’s in the U18s is positive as they have somewhat said they will pick kids who chose Rugby over others first so hopefully an indication Rugby is in the picture.

The big Prop is a hell of a prospect as well Goddard.

Alex Ross (28)
I think Tom Lambert performed a good job of filling in for Bell at the Tahs. I wouldn’t rule him out as a LH option for the Wallabies with a bit more time.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Tom Lambert performed a good job of filling in for Bell at the Tahs. I wouldn’t rule him out as a LH option for the Wallabies with a bit more time.
He appeared to be 4th in the pecking order under Eddie this year

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
From the Kings School…

Hadley T looks like heading to Eastwood whilst Boston F to Perth

Last edited:

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Lot of decisions how to deal with Eddie involve fantasy money…

I’d rather pay another top player than keep Eddie on the books whilst bringing in a new coach to take over wallabies
Who is a decent coach with half a chance to be available for the next few years?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
bang on - and we have Tupou and Bell really only. Frost with an off-season in the gym and on BokPills. Valetini perhaps.

- Josh Nasser
- Langi Gleeson
- Lachie Lonergan
- Hooper (see Frost)
- Eloff maybe
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Leafi Talataina
- Siosifa Amone
- Felix Kalapu
- Jeremy Williams maybe
I like Lonergan but he is definitely not in the massive and aggressive category, probably the complete opposite: small, skillful, and mobile.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)

- Josh Nasser
- Langi Gleeson
- Lachie Lonergan
- Hooper (see Frost)
- Eloff maybe
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
- Leafi Talataina
- Siosifa Amone
- Felix Kalapu
- Jeremy Williams maybe
I like Talakai a lot but he is rarely mentioned here.

Reactions: dru

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who is a decent coach with half a chance to be available for the next few years?
It doesn't matter at this point in the game, there's so much to work on you could just hand it to Laurie and tell him to fix the forwards and get all of the current Wallaby forwards fit for Super Rugby, whilst we look for, preferably, a younger head coach and quality assistants who can take the team forward.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
It doesn't matter at this point in the game, there's so much to work on you could just hand it to Laurie and tell him to fix the forwards and get all of the current Wallaby forwards fit for Super Rugby, whilst we look for, preferably, a younger head coach and quality assistants who can take the team forward.
The younger approach hasnt aged well

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

I hate to say it. But keeping Eddie might be a better option. If there’s a chance this RWC was a humbling and wake up call for him. A humbled Eddie could improve as a coach.

clutching at straws I know.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
I hate to say it. But keeping Eddie might be a better option. If there’s a chance this RWC was a humbling and wake up call for him. A humbled Eddie could improve as a coach.

clutching at straws I know.
Don't think Eddie does humble. Remember when he got the boot from Wallabies last time he went to the Reds and certainly didn't show a change of approach there.