• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tests in Sydney against lower ranked teams are to rebuild the base. People are sick of spending 40mins on a train to go out to Homebush and get pumped by the All Blacks. So if we get a couple of wins and some more positivity you might drag a few more in for the ABs game.

The biggest wasted opportunity we had was drawing with the ABs a couple of weeks after 65k were at the Super Rugby final victory.

Wallabies need to win the Bledisloe to help the game at all levels.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Should have played Georgia at Ballymore, although then lights still aren’t upgraded so that’s an issue pending when it was due to be played
Why do people continue to push this? 10k is the max crowd at Ballymore (top section of the Eastern stand is not open and they removed the seating from the northern end). It doesn't have the corporate facilities that other stadiums do.

FYI if you want a box for the B&I Lions test RA will only give you that opportunity if you buy one this season. They are certainly trying to fill their boots from the B&I Lions test with a 20 person indoor/outdoor box at Suncorp $45k (not including food/drinks)

Last edited:

Yoda

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tests in Sydney against lower ranked teams are to rebuild the base. People are sick of spending 40mins on a train to go out to Homebush and get pumped by the All Blacks. So if we get a couple of wins and some more positivity you might drag a few more in for the ABs game.

The biggest wasted opportunity we had was drawing with the ABs a couple of weeks after 65k were at the Super Rugby final victory.

Wallabies need to win the Bledisloe to help the game at all levels.
Homebush…. An Athletic Stadium built for a 2 week event 24 years ago…. Most seats are miles from the action… plus zero pubs and restaurants outside the ground … SFS should be hosting all Sydney Rugby….

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Homebush…. An Athletic Stadium built for a 2 week event 24 years ago…. Most seats are miles from the action… plus zero pubs and restaurants outside the ground … SFS should be hosting all Sydney Rugby….
Yeah, my eyesight isn't good enough to head off to Homebush

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
We have 6 home tests. It’s pretty simple Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. Then take the 6th to places like Townsville, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra and when the new Stadium is built for the AFL Hobart

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
We have 6 home tests. It’s pretty simple Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. Then take the 6th to places like Townsville, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra and when the new Stadium is built for the AFL Hobart
It's all financial. If it is line ball I get it but it generally isn't. RA needs the cash and to play the state governments off against each other.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah. I get it too. Whatever RA have to do to make money at the moment (within reason) I’m ok with. The above schedule probably centralises some marketing spend too (if they have any).

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Interested to see how many people go to multiple Wallabies game in Sydney though. Won’t be cheap. Maybe they can learn something from cricket Aus and not gouge the customer when demand isn’t there.

Personally find Georgia more appealing having never seen them live than Wales. Might go to that and probably drag myself to Homebush for the ABs.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
Should have played Georgia at Ballymore, although then lights still aren’t upgraded so that’s an issue pending when it was due to be played
Play it at Ballymore on a Sunday afternoon like in the good old days. Rugby then beers under the grandstand, or wherever the equivalent bar is at the new stand.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Interested to see how many people go to multiple Wallabies game in Sydney though. Won’t be cheap. Maybe they can learn something from cricket Aus and not gouge the customer when demand isn’t there.

Personally find Georgia more appealing having never seen them live than Wales. Might go to that and probably drag myself to Homebush for the ABs.

Great wait till my better half finds out & demands 3 holidays to the harbour. That won’t be cheap

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A bit more detail on it from a more respectable source:

While there's an obvious benefit to the NZ broadcast this is probably the driving reason behind the shift, or at very least the reason it's even an option:
The schedule change would help avoid a direct clash between the Bledisloe Cup and an NRL semi-final on the evening of September 21, and allow broadcaster Nine to put both on its main channel.