• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
With Skelton not being picked for the incoming series (unavailable) I still think we should be bring in the 3 foreign based players.

1) We need 2 decent 12's, we only have one in Paisami - so Kerevi still vital
2) Vunivalu is ok on his best day and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) is leaving - so I think we need Koroibete in the mix
3)Quade. Because JS said that the best thing to do is bring in the younger guys behind the older guys and specifically highlighted the value of player to player coaching. 10 is the one place where this cannot happen by going local (except with JOC (James O'Connor) who I really rate in that capacity) Eddie did it right early by rooming Quade and Gordon together, but stuffed it by ending the education too early by taking Gordon and Donaldson to the WC. = Quade, Lolesio & Gordon get picked.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Do you think quade is the guy to coach our young 10s?
I would have giteau in as a 10s consultant personally. Or anyone who had more consistency than cooper or who could play the other half of the game - defense

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With Skelton not being picked for the incoming series (unavailable) I still think we should be bring in the 3 foreign based players.

1) We need 2 decent 12's, we only have one in Paisami - so Kerevi still vital
2) Vunivalu is ok on his best day and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) is leaving - so I think we need Koroibete in the mix
3)Quade. Because JS said that the best thing to do is bring in the younger guys behind the older guys and specifically highlighted the value of player to player coaching. 10 is the one place where this cannot happen by going local (except with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) who I really rate in that capacity) Eddie did it right early by rooming Quade and Gordon together, but stuffed it by ending the education too early by taking Gordon and Donaldson to the WC. = Quade, Lolesio & Gordon get picked.

Why isn't Skelton available in July?

I would assume Lalakai Foketi will be back in the frame if he returns in a couple of weeks as an option at 12.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do you think quade is the guy to coach our young 10s?
I would have giteau in as a 10s consultant personally. Or anyone who had more consistency than cooper or who could play the other half of the game - defense
Gordon said himself how much he was learning and how great it was to be roomed with him - so just going off that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thought he said he wasn't - and i dont rate foketi, especiallynot ahead of kerevi.

I'm not saying that Foketi is ahead of Kerevi. I'm saying that he's an option at 12 in a Wallabies squad and has been ahead of Paisami in selections for a little while now.

He obviously needs to make a successful return from injury but there's also a fair bit of time to do so.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Kerevi is still only 30 (Cooper 35) so we should still be able to get a couple more good years out of him if he can avoid more injuries

Reactions: dru

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why isn't Skelton available in July?

I would assume Lalakai Foketi will be back in the frame if he returns in a couple of weeks as an option at 12.
Paisami should be the 12 come July IMO

Kerevi is definitely still at the age and ability to play at test level but unlikely to see internationals and his form last year was sub-par

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kerevi is still only 30 (Cooper 35) so we should still be able to get a couple more good years out of him if he can avoid more injuries
Agree, and we only have a couple of good 12's here, but Quade Cooper needs to be moved on from now

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
For July I'd have

Props - Bell, Slipper, Schoupp/Gibbon, Tupou, Nonggorr, AAA
Hookers - Faesslar, Porecki, Longeran
Locks - Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Holloway, Neville
Backrow - McReight, Wilson, Valentini, Hooper, Leota, Gleeson
Halfbacks - Lonergan, McDermott, White
Flyhalves - Gordon, Lolesio, Donaldson
Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Perese
Outside Backs - Toole, Kellaway, Wright, Petaia, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), Campbell

Last edited: