• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Amazing list, great work - could have an outstanding squad from this list - it emphases the BS claim that Aus can't support 5 teams i.e there isn't enough depth.

there is, just can't afford them

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Overseas 15 for shits and gigs:
1. Sio
2. Fainga'a
3. Hoskins (?)
4. Philip
5. Skelton
6. Kemeny
7. Gill
8. Samu
9. Kerr-Barlow
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Peresi
14. Maddocks
15. Banks

That'd make a decent Baabaas team...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Backrow:
Charlie Savala (Edinburgh)
Charlie has the height to play backrow but the poor Sod is a fly half!
Great work DC.

Is this a list of players who are Aussie eligible now? For example I thought Fotuaika and Alo-Emile both capped for Tonga.
32 YO Ex Rebels Tighthead Big Brother Paul has been capped by Samoa 20+ times, 24 yo Mo has not.

Much like the English trio signing for the Force, there are some other names which could be thrown up in the overall list who would be "technically" eligible even if very unlikely such as:

Sam Johnson - Brive - Inside Center - 27 Scotland Caps - Eligible End of July 2025
Ben Toolis - Kintetsu Liners - Lock - 30 Scotland Caps - Currently Eligible, last cap 2020

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Great work DC.

Is this a list of players who are Aussie eligible now? For example I thought Fotuaika and Alo-Emile both capped for Tonga.
Probably should edit my claim of definitive. It'll need a little bit of work. I'll take Fotuaika out but Alo-Emile is eligible. There are others like Highlander has said who are eligible post stand-down. Also I think there might be a few who qualify for Aus through 1parent/grandparents that I haven't caught.

As the standdown period is only 3 years (I think?) I believe some players that we've never thought of will become eligible faster than expected. I think Billy Vunipola for argument's sake is Aus eligible in 2.5 years.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Surprised Ben hasn't played a test since he was 28. Did he really fall off skill wise?

He fell off a little, but Sam Skinner and Scott Cummings had made their debuts across 2018 & 2019, and Richie Gray returned to Glasgow for the 20/21 Pro14/URC season: add on Johnny Gray and Grant Gilchrist and you have the five locks who have effectively (and deservedly) started every test between them since RWC. Only Callum Hunter-Hill has genuinely looked up to challenging them in that time, and he's had a rough 15-18 months with injury.

He did leave for Japan in the middle of 2021, so he had only missed selection for a single 6 Nations before he took the deal.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
80 days till the first Wallabies test match.

Who do we have in the front row and reserves? No Bell, no Longeran.

1. Slipper
2. Faessler
3. Talakai
16. Uelese
17. Gibbon
18. Tupou
Maybe Hodgeman in there at 17.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
80 days till the first Wallabies test match.

Who do we have in the front row and reserves? No Bell, no Longeran.

1. Slipper
2. Faessler
3. Talakai
16. Uelese
17. Gibbon
18. Tupou
Maybe Hodgeman in there at 17.

Slim (no pun intended!) pickings there. All good players (jury is still out for me on Uelese) but there isn't whole heap of depth if these guys are our front line. Quite a few front row injuries at the moment. Who else do we have next in line?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
BPA has played all but one game for Montpellier since returning from injury. If they can climb out of 11th into 10th, then his last game would have been on the weekend of 8th June, and hence potentially have has 2 or more weeks in Australia training with Wallabies from eliminated teams: otherwise he would play in the Promotion-Relegation playoff the following weekend.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Open slather on overseas picks could blow up in our face badly. Anyone currently out of contract with Rebels would have to be seriously considering offers

Open slather may also lower their value to O/S clubs, one of the reasons to pick up some of these players is that they are available to play through test windows

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not sure about rushing props with long term injuries back in as starting THP in a test match... as captain no less.

Someone like Talakai won't be a world beater but will hold his side of the scrum up and will make his tackles.
Depends when he returns, Brumbies are suggesting before the end of the season so he'll have super under his belt and finals and training.. So if his fit and playing I'd suggest his picked

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Overseas 15 for shits and gigs:
1. Sio
2. Fainga'a
3. Hoskins (?)
4. Philip
5. Skelton
6. Kemeny
7. Gill
8. Samu
9. Kerr-Barlow
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Peresi
14. Maddocks
15. Banks

That'd make a decent Baabaas team...
Leave out Perese because he is still here, otherwise Swinton would be the 6 > Kemeny, as he is here but leaving also

1. Sio 2. Fainga'a 3.Hoskins
4. Arnold 5. Skelton
6. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) 8. Samu 7. Gill
9. Kerr barlow 10. Quade 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. Hodge/Simone 14. Maddocks 15. Banks

16. Latu 17. Zander 18. Ainsley 19. Philip 20. Mcmahon 21. Genia. 22. Lucas 23. Naivalu