• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Squad - the Link Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
There is a lot more to being a good lock than scoring tries.

Although Pyle can probably consider himself unlucky i think Douglas and Simmons are probably the next best locks in the country.

I am a bit mystified by Robinson's omission, he did better than Alexander in the scrums against the lions. Hopefully that means Sio will be starting because he is the real deal.

Alexander has responded greatly after his pasting.. but remember 1 and 3 are different positions :)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
30 man squad named - Benn Robinson dropped. Foley and Toumua included. Anae retained.

Not much to argue with in the backs. Beyond the initial de-Horne-ing. And the back row seems pretty solid - nice to see Fardy!

Pyle will get his chance. Personally scoring tries is not one of the criteria I would pick my locks on, he certainly looks good running in the centres but it may be slightly less effective against the All Blacks. Still he seemed a good Bench/impact option over that tall kid from Sunnybank who gets picked on by the opposition.

The Robinson bombshell is a beauty. Like a good mini-series - whats next?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Shatz? Seriously? Decent Super player. Test player not.

Simpson (sic) ahead of Pyle is a bit funny and a pure coaches' favourite.

Alexander ahead of Fatcat. Excuse me while I get myself a lobotomy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The rest of the squad is fine, but the whole Robinson/Anae thing is without a doubt controversial..........

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
There is a lot more to being a good lock than scoring tries.

Although Pyle can probably consider himself unlucky i think Douglas and Simmons are probably the next best locks in the country.

I agree, but i thought all Wallabies fans wanted a change. This forward pack is not going to trouble anyone is the Rugby Championship. The fact that Pocock and Higgers is missing is bad enough, than you select two locks who are average at every aspect of there position and justify it on defense every time is annoying.

The All Blacks forwards have had the better of these guys time and time again. Maybe if they had to worry about a player who attacks as well as defends they might not dominate these positions.

No chance this pack will match the darkness, better hope for good weather cause if the play is in the forwards there is no chance of a Wallabies win.

Was Robinson man of the series against the Lions and now left out?

D

daz

Well, congrats Link. Your honeymoon period, where you unified the entire Australian rugby supporter base, lasted exactly 6 weeks.

Normal state bias service has resumed.

o_O

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Shatz? Seriously? Decent Super player. Test player not.

With Palu, Higgers and Kimlin injured, you're starting to scrap the barrel in starting Super players. The only other options are Dennis and Brown. While I personally wouldn't have picked Shatz, there's not too much choice at Links disposal.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Some of you are pathetic. Wait until he's coached his first match before complaining about any selections. They're his selections, he's responsible for them and you all backed that he knew what he was doing at the start. Could turn out to be a genius.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
With Palu, Higgers and Kimlin injured, you're starting to scrap the barrel in starting Super players. The only other options are Dennis and Brown. While I personally wouldn't have picked Shatz, there's not too much choice at Links disposal.

Fardy, MMM, Mowen McCalman, Gill, Hooper

At least three or four excellent combos in there for mine. But I guess he wanted a guy who actually played 6 this year so...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Some of you are pathetic. Wait until he's coached his first match before complaining about any selections. They're his selections, he's responsible for them and you all backed that he knew what he was doing at the start. Could turn out to be a genius.
You're no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.