• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks III in Brisvegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Two hours to go, time for predictions: can't pick against my beloved Wobblies. Australia by 6.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
[colosseum] Softcock Kiwis to choke ... on each other's squibs in a homo sauna. Wallabies too strong, too fast. Aus by 10. [/colosseum]

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Just finished getting mudded in the garden, got my cold ones, my chicken pot ingredients and ready for a marathon of rugby, the big one, 2 cc games and the club champs finals, here we go and good luck Walabies, you going to need it. :lmao:

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
H/T Wallabies 10 ABs 7

Good(ish) 1st half by Wallabies, started poorly - looked a lot like they did in Jo'burg but as the half wore on they picked up their intensity. There have been too many seagulling forwards though - the usual suspect Sharpe (he still doesn't appear to be pushing in the scrums) as well as Stephen Moore. Palu's injury may be a blessing in disuise as he had tits-for-hands-itis (again) before being replaced by Brown whose enthusiasm has been good for the Wallabies. ABs have been good and it will be a huge ask for the Waalbies to bring off the win after 80, they need to lift even more to accomplish this as the ABs appear to be biding their time waiting for the right moment to unleash. Rocky Elsom was lucky not to be carded earlier (I am assuming the touchie missed it) as he was laying into an AB who was on the deck in back play I noticed in a pan shot. Back to the game..... Sorry, can't give a running commentary as the computer is in a different room to the TV.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Moore's indiscipline is costing us bigtime too, along with our fragile mindset. Sharpe's return had its promising moments but his stupid turnover when isolated led to Weepu's try, rather than waiting for support or just kicking the shit out of it. Bad missed tackle by Cross but they were in regardless. Where the fuck was the halfback on the restart that popped out of the ruck after Carter's try? Fuck we do have some mental midgets in this squad. Horan was giving Cordingley a huge smoking all night but gee he was shit. We had momentum and his Gregan-esque two-step would fuck everything up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez Brown has been good too. Ready-made replacement for China Palu. Big scrum lads! Need a try now.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Got the try. Lost the game - can't believe the Kiwis got away with playing it on the ground at that last ruck. No-one to blame but ourselves. Too many turnovers in the last 15 minutes that the presence of an extra fetcher like Phil Waugh could have prevented. Oh well.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
SOFT SOFT SOFT - that was pathetic. The game was there for the taking in the secong half and the mental midget mindset came through again. I was watching the game with my brother (traitorous AB supporting cur that he is ;D ) and said that Deans needed to sub Cordingley just after Henry brought on his subs. Next thing you know he is costing Oz scoring opportunities through either poor service or taking it himself. My brother mentioned it but I was thinking it that their are too many ponies in this Wallaby team. Everyone wants to get the glory and not enough are prepared to roll up the sleeves and do the work. I am glad that Cordingley will most likely never play rugby for Oz again as I couldn't believe how slow his service was in the last minute of the game when the Wallabies needed a try to win.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
I'm fucking livid with Cordingly and his fucking shithouse decision making and useless ability.

Let that fuckwit never wear a jersey again. The amount of fucking stupid fucking decisions he made in the last 20 minutes is immeasurable.Last play of the game where we even had a chance to pinch it, he needed to join the ruck... did he? No, he stood there looking like the penis with teeth that he is, waiting for the ball to come free. Despite the fact that there were 4 Blacks v 2 Wallabies. Also braindead was the decision to run the ball and go solo when we had pressure on near the tryline with 15 to go.

Bring back Gregan, put Dunning in there... I don't give a fuck, but this fucking tool made some of the stupidist fucking decisions imaginable, and gave away a game we could have won.

Oh, and another genius idea. Lets call for a scrum near halfway when we're 11 points down and 6 minutes to go. Excellent! Let's soak up some time.

Fuck him off in a shower of shit.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Great performance from the ABs by the way, all credit to them for coming back like they did. They showed tonight what it takes to be the best team in the world (world cups and Wayne Barnes aside).

J

Jury

Aussie D said:
Great performance from the ABs by the way, all credit to them for coming back like they did. They showed tonight what it takes to be the best team in the world (world cups and Wayne Barnes aside).

You've just become my favourite poster. :thumb

Commiserations lads. I'll do my celebrating elsewhere and leave you with some time to yourselves.

Great game - from both sides. I think many left their guts out there. 1 more minute, 1 less turnover, a pick up here or a drop there and the result would have been different. This year's Tri-N has been amazing. I couldn't pick a result.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Dumb and Dumberer

The post-match review.

The good

Our scrum went better than expected. We played things a bit smarter and Al Baxter can hold his head high. Of course having Moore back helped - our lineout and scrum got back on track. Our tight 5 played great and all our best (Sharpe, Horwill, Moore, Baxter) came from the tight 5.

We won plenty of pill, played with good intensity, and showed up at the breakdown

The bad

We're still playing dumb footy. Our backs kick but don't chase. Our forwards hit it up but go one out.

Our backs continue to murder us. What is with those options Giteau takes ? He has a passionate love affair with aimless up and unders. It NEVER works. Why keep doing it ? Giteau is HOPELESS. CULL NOW !!!!!!!!!

It truly annoys me that people say 'oh, if we just get parity up front, our backs will win us the game'. Well, our forwards got on top in that game and the backs lost it for us.

Robbie Deans. What's the point of carrying 5 reserve forwards when you don't put them on when they are needed ? The energy of the Kiwi reserves changed the momentum of the game while our guys looked out on their feet.

George Smith. And the chip kick. Its just a bad horror movie. NTA, let me know when you want to pay a visit to Mr Smith, I have a backlog of uppercuts to deliver to this twit.

Officiating was awful. The Kiwis completely took the piss and Kaplan let them get away with it. And what was that free kick about that led to the 1st Kiwi try ?

W

whocares

good game by the ABs definatly deserved it especially with the great try by woodcock running 80 meters down the wing to out seagull sharpe.

in the last ruck of the game did anyone else see the ball miraculously pop out into Weepu's hands?
wouldn't that suggest hands in the ruck?????
one of the age old questions

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't quite know what to think after that game. It certainly was a high quality game, with Kaplan not taking any crap (but I thought both Moore and McCaw deserved cards at various points). However, a few bad decisions at crucial times let us down. The three that annoyed me the most;

1. Smith's grubber kick hot on attack in the first 10 minutes. I knew he was going to do this as soon as he got the ball, and of course it failed miserably- both in execution and the fact that it was never on to begin with. And then he did it again in the second half, in heavy traffic, and guess what? It failed. Someone needs to give him a kick up the arse and tell him to hold the fucking ball. He did not have his best game tonight.

2. Cordingley's pick and go. He may have seen something, but it was a bad call with no forwards in support. I thought his service was good all night, but his direction and decision making around the ruck let him down in a big way- the forwards had no idea what to do, and we often ended up passing to Benn Robinson standing flat footed 5 metres behind the advantage line with no-one in support. We missed Burgo.

3. Giteau's behind the head pass to Tuqiri, which went to ground and we lost the ball. At a crucial time it was a silly thing to attempt. He was 50/50 tonight- made some shocking errors (kicking dead off a penalty springs to mind) but set up two good tries. Pass mark, but Carter was a class above.

Other than that, a few defensive lapses (from Sharpe and Cross) largely cost us the game. Horwill and Brown (how good was he?) were our best, and naza I think you may have to eat some humble pie about Moore and Palu, as they were both ordinary. Our lineout was sensational, but Moore gave away at least 5 stupid free-kicks and was lucky to stay on. Cross was great with ball in hand, but made a couple of bad errors and let himself down.

Close but no cigar. OK under the circumstances (we badly missed Barnes) but I am still gutted. Well played NZ.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
barbarian said:
naza I think you may have to eat some humble pie about Moore and Palu, as they were both ordinary.

Horseshit. Moore was brilliant as usual. Palu was pretty solid in his 32 minutes and a hell of a lot more use than Elsom. Richard Brown immediately got manhandled behind the Wallaby scrum.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
naza said:
barbarian said:
naza I think you may have to eat some humble pie about Moore and Palu, as they were both ordinary.

Horseshit. Moore was brilliant as usual. Palu was pretty solid in his 32 minutes and a hell of a lot more use than Elsom. Richard Brown immediately got manhandled behind the Wallaby scrum.

Moore hardly got the ball in hand, and gave away stupid penalties at crucial times. His lineout throwing was top notch, but around the park he was fairly poor. Palu was ineffectual at best, made a few good tackles but cruelled a certain try when he dropped the ball with two men outside him.

Brown was a standout, and was far better coming off the back of the scrum than Palu. He played himself into a starting spot in Honkers- tough as nails and just got stuck in, something Palu has struggled to do for some time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Palu did indeed have a very average game when he was on, including completely monstering a definite try. Him getting subbed at that time was the best thing that could've happened in hind sight, as Brown had a blinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.