• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm gutted. It was rafferties rules there in the last 5 mins, we should have put bodies in every ball. Fuck me, we can't play much better that but still can't win.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Disappointing result but great game by both teams. Wobbs a little stiff not winning that one. A lot of great efforts. CL a standout.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Two Dads. 100 games. 1 try. 1 pass.

Well done The Darkness. Shit possession stats, 1 YC, lots of missed tackles, plenty of handling errors, but you didn't give up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
At least the efforts at Newlands and here tell me that we're up there with the best. Now to start putting the results on the board and proving it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Would not surprise me in the slightest to see the AB's win it at the end here, they just seem to find a way.

Called it.

A loose ball on the ground retrieved by a Wallaby & not an AB - wow we might win this!!!!

A rare flicker or hope.

Or whats the bet they go over, convert, & win by 1?

But back to reality.

Great test match but still whilst not the best game from them (AB's) they just know how to win. Ma was excited all game & could not understand why I was so unmoved, I told her we had to be beyond 7 with 5min to go to have any chance. Did get a little optimistic at one point but was quickly extinguished.

Didnt get smashed like I predicated & I thought we played brilliant but the fact that we can't win out these tight games, it still shits me.

You bloody jinx.

I know. And not for the first time.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is there any more that needs to said

Memo: to the Nic White & Brumbies & Wallabies coaching team

Waratahs captain Dave Dennis explaining to Rugga Matrix that he was among the many who didn't see the point of box kicks. "This whole year we never used it at all. So maybe that's given away our secret. At the Waratahs, the box kick wasn't part of our weaponry. I'm not a massive fan of it, to be honest." To the thousands who hate box kicks, these were encouraging words.
Easy to just scapegoat Nic White as being the reason we lost. But there was another minute of rugby after he box kicked.

Fucking heartreaking. Lack of composure in the last 20 AGAIN. Experienced guys like Horwill, Hodgo, Robinson and Alexander need to life the intensity. or fuck off.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
people blaming white :(

We were getting fucking dominated at the breakdown at that point. We were under serious pressure. Where was foley or the folau to kick it downfield? The kick was ordinary, but it's not a circumstance where "just hang onto it" would have paid guaranteed dividends. They'd tried this in the previous possession and lost a penalty.

Jesus you have to be able to defend for 1 minute and a half from a set piece. We can't base our entire strategy around 100% possession.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Joe Tomane is he didn't want to fucking kick it should've at least passed it and gone sideways. Don't run it fucking back to a pod of Blacks from where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.