• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I must say, that was better than most would have expected. I really thought that was great Rugby and we'll be better with depth when some injured players come back. It's not all doom and gloom.

Not surprisingly, I think we could do better with how we use the bench. But a fantastic game and it puts us in good stead for the EOYT.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes I thought poor reffing but scrums aren't my strong point. It looked to me Franks hit to ground first.
Slipper dropped both of the penalties, but in one he looked like he just lost footing. Good after that. Odd that Joubert penalised the very first collapse of the very first scrum. Most seem to have a margin before they go to penalties.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Commiserations to the Wallaby supporters.

That first half by the Wallabies was the best rugby they've played all season. Fardy was hard to the ball and made the ABs pay for not committing numbers. Lilo was very effective ball in hand. The tactics were largely right with little kicking to our back 3 and running at the Fekitoa channel (who is not a 2nd 5 by any description).

I thought the use of Folau was far too predictable. Conrad had his number all night and made a number of big tackles.

Phipps superb. White aaarrgghhhhh, what the hell were those box kicks. I had a wry smile when he came on. Foley was okay, but the damage was done in the midfield.

Other than Fardy I don't think there was a real standout in the pack, but that's a good thing for OZ, it shows them working a bit more as a pack and not in isolation.

Thought McCaw played well. Showed good nous for the ball. Messam was shocking. Read was okay in attack but has really struggled in other physical exchanges since the head knocks.

Barrett was okay. He took on the line which is good to see given he has the pace to concern the opposition. With a bit more experience starting he will grow into the role IMO.

Really pleased for Slade. In fact our bench weren't too bad. Charlie and Patrick put in some big tackles in the last couple of minutes and Cane was his effective best. Piutau added some straight running which Savea clearly wasn't tonight.

What drama. Well done Aussies. But man did I let out a huge yell when Fekitoa scored. The whole neighbourhood would've heard. And then a huge yeeesssssssss when Slade chipped over the conversion.
Think Hansen is going to have to rethink defence. Theres a fine line between not wanting to get drawn into the rucks and mauls and backing off tackles. Never seen all blacks miss so many tackles

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Smith took that tap 5m from where the penalty was conceded. That's bullshit

the very same question occurred to me. (unless I am a complete idiot and watch the replay and find it was on the exact spot)

How many times have we watched a quick tap pulled up because it was one metre away from the spot?

Will not say more till I see the replay. If I am right I might make more noise, if wrong I'll slink away and hope no-one notices.

Shit, dunno how to feel. Ask me before the game if I'd be happy with a close, tough hard fought one point loss? Would have said you gotta me fucking kidding, hell yeah, I'll take that.

I said exactly the same fucking thing to the missus before the game, fully expecting a fifty point thrashing.

So why the fuck do i fell so gutted?

Status
Not open for further replies.