• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Barbarians - 1/11/14 (Twickenham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
I couldn't get the game in my coconut paradise......
So based on this being a 'dirt track' team who among our players-at this stage- staked serious claims for serious consideration and likewise who did themselves a disservice?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
How much quicker was the service when White came on the field. I forgot how quick and good his pass was. Would have been great to have Cooper on there at the same time.

McMahon impressive. Especially his running game.

To'omua and Lilo is going to be a tough call.

__PJ

Bob McCowan (2)
I enjoyed the game. It was far from perfect skills wise, but there was definitely some passion and 'pizazz' on display tonight. Hadn't seen McMahon before this game - wow, awesome.

Something is brewing for the Wallabies; they just need to keep the enthusiasm going and the halfwits away.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone watching Hong Kong 2010 Test? Pretty much Beale and JOC (James O'Connor)'s pinnacle. Fuck me they were good, where did it all go wrong..

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
I asked earlier in the thread if McMahon was to small to play 6. After tonight I don't think so. I got the impression he worked harder off the ball than all our other forwards - he actually made it to rucks in a timely manner. He also runs like a beast and tackles with enthusiasm.
Just realised his attributed are the literal opposite of Skeltons.
Based of tonight alone would be surprised if he is doesn't get a bench spot for the rest of the tour.

matt james

Stan Wickham (3)
I actually think Israel was better when he first came to rugby than he is now. His kicking seems to have gone backwards and his running lines seem more predictable. Have no idea what they could do about it because we need him playing well to have a chance at the world cup.
Can't choose between Lilo and To'omua.
Can't believe how much Phipps has improved relative to Genia and White. There is literally daylight between them now.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Higgers will start at 6(if fit) with McMahon on the bench one would think.
Hodgo was invisible.
Great game to watch.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Higgers will start at 6(if fit) with McMahon on the bench one would think.
Hodgo was invisible.
Great game to watch.

Yeah Higgers to start for sure if he's fit but hamstring is usually a week minimum. One would expect McMahon will become the backrow replacement in the future for a long time.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I unfortunately missed the first 56 minutes cause i was looking after some drunk mates, How was speight, Horwill, Genia, Cooper? I dont need to ask about Mcmahon cause in the 20 mins or so i watched he killed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.