• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 3rd Test - 21 June Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know, bud. I meant, what will happen when he returns? I have understood that he will be available for next TRC.

I doubt he'd be ready then, it's going to hard for him because he has no other rugby to come up from. Might play a few NRC games first.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
On the train home. Fucking great game. Atmosphere wasn't quite as good as it could be but I tried my best.

Not one of you, while busy picking on Foley, have mentioned what a poor game Nic White had.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hmm, good outing but gee the french were poor. Well done to Skelton, briliant debut. All our pigs were good. Thank christ this was a day game on a beautiful day as it was still a great experience. IT was sobering watching the ABs afterwards.

Spotted: Monsiuer Giteau was at the game, with Buddy Franklin.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
On the train home. Fucking great game. Atmosphere wasn't quite as good as it could be but I tried my best.

Not one of you, while busy picking on Foley, have mentioned what a poor game Nic White had.
Because he didn't have a poor game. Was about a 6. But I guess if you hit your ten in the chest and he drops it cold then I guess you look bad.. Phipps had some shockers to but scored a nice try..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only disappointing thing for me was Foley was hot and cold. ABs will punish his errors.
Yep and a good position to be in Gwerty, when a player being hot and cold as one of few complaint, I agree with you too, a good solid performance,if we look hard enough sure we could all criticise things, but is good we can sit back and enjoy a good win!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Foley made some bad handling errors / passes that would have cost dearly in a tight one, he looks best when taking the line on.

Terrible passing terrible handling. Only goal kicking and running ok.

I think he has been the weakest player by far over the three tests. Even in the first which I re watched last night he was only average.

If he doesn't improve greatly we won't compete with the ABs.

Disappointed to see To'omua given the rest instead of Foley - we could have seen To'omua at 10 and Beale at 12.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

I thought Whites' decision making was average at times and he was also hoy and cold, but no where near as cold as Foley.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I loved the game today. Afternoon game in the winter sunshine, it doesn't get any better .
Bitch to get there as buses, trains and taxis failed us, but we got there just on kick off.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Also very poor, but Foley was pretty standout band in an excellent team effort.

Anyway, really fun game. And how good was it seeing the front row of Sio - Charles - Weeks smash the French at the end? I don't want to say depth but... Are we getting there?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Has Skelton got bigger since hitting the wallabies camp.

Good series win and what the wallabies needed. This would not have happened under Deans. Link is the right man and I even noticed him smile when Skelton went over for his try, it was only for a 1/2 second but he was happy on how he made something from nothing using his size and strength to break the line and go over for a try.

The team is coming together nicely, but it will be Genia,Cooper,To'omua and White,Foley back on the bench next year....

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I think he has been the weakest player by far over the three tests. Even in the first which I re watched last night he was only average.

Disappointed to see To'omua given the rest instead of Foley - we could have seen To'omua at 10 and Beale at 12.

Bit tough assessment was pretty good in the first test and looks dangerous when attacking the line. Definately lacking the deft touches in game 2 and three. To be fair I don't think our gameplan helped in game 2. Fefinately hasn't made the position his own but isn't out of the frame. I've seen Quade play much worse

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Has Skelton got bigger since hitting the wallabies camp.

Good series win and what the wallabies needed. This would not have happened under Deans. Link is the right man and I even noticed him smile when Skelton went over for his try, it was only for a 1/2 second but he was happy on how he made something from nothing using his size and strength to break the line and go over for a try.

The team is coming together nicely, but it will be Genia,Cooper,To'omua and White,Foley back on the bench next year..
Genia is clearly out of favour and now injured he will have to do a bit to regain the jersey.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
White absolutely missed four of his targets in the first thirty minutes from where I was sitting, and what about the grubber straight into their player? The infield box kicks straight to their fullback when options were available elsewhere? His defence was great as always

But panning Foley alone is to ignore the other players who did poorly. Crap passes from multiple back line players included. Folau killed a couple of opportunities all on his own but I don't see criticism of that.

Foley made his first start in the Wallaby jersey three weeks ago, after all. So for now he's the incumbent, and wishing over your turgid phallus for Quade to miraculously recover in time for the All Blacks is probably a waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.