• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sure you’d hope covering defenders can cover for their teammates mistakes, but you need guys like a Wright to make the one on one tackles first.

Whinging about Jocks S&C after Wright missed a tackle is just stupid.
I never talked about S&C . Just that they both should have made the tackle or at least Wright should have got a hand on him Campbell should have made the cover tackle... Hodge should have not got stood up after a crap kick.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I never talked about S&C . Just that they both should have made the tackle or at least Wright should have got a hand on him Campbell should have made the cover tackle... Hodge should have not got stood up after a crap kick.
The conversation you replied to was discussing S&C

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Let's say Wright or Campbell make that tackle - no guarantee with 5 left that they don't score again.

This was a major step up from Scotland, keeping in mind it was France's first time out. They had most of their preferred personnel, and even after waking up 20 minutes in, we stayed with them.

That was a good performance from us, despite a few lapses. You're always going to have questions at the breakdown when Jaco is the ref, but overall his decisions weren't the decider: the players from both sides determined the outcome by and large.

I thought we were going to be lucky to get within 20. While there were a lot of "maybes" in that performance, at least we've shown that we are probably worth a bit more than our current ranking.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
We were beaten up at the breakdown all night.

Cracker of a test despite the result
Not sure that beaten up is the right word.

The French have players able to jackle across the park and our accuracy in securing the ball is still not good enough. We were much improved at the breakdown compared to the Scotland game I felt.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It’s the dumb plays that kill us again. That Foley pass. That Valetini kick. Then skill execution. Two shite Fainga'a throws. The double miss by Wright and Campbell.

Yuk
Yeah our lineout had some misses all game. We had some dumb plays.. we deserved to win.

But it was better then I thought we would do.

Campbell was great on debut.
Thor did great starting
2nd row was really good Skelton included..
Our breakdown was crap.
Tate should be in the team.

Well now on to next week.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Campbell is the same body shape and style of player as Ben Smith. Just needed to go low, although his winger should have made that first up tackle.

I thought a lot of individuals had good games, Tupou and Slipper, all three locks, Valetini, Foketi and Ikitau. The breakdown work and general discipline is just so poor.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We were beaten up at the breakdown all night.

I think we were a little slow at points in the first half, and then twice (crucially) in the second. It is something we don't seem to do well as a nation, and the development pathways are probably part of that.

Someone called for a national convention on the breakdown and I agree wholeheartedly. An electric cattle prod is instructional.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Watching back that last French try: what is noticeable is how compressed our inside defence is. Campbell is a little slow to turn but that's because everyone inside him is cheek-by-jowl, relatively speaking. Wright should have shown Pernot the tryline rather than streaking outside him.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Valetini kick and that Foley pass are essentially the difference. Key decisions under pressure.

Until that improves we'll continue with the plucky losses. Same shit as against NZ. Harsh call but Foley gave the ref every chance to fuck us over with poor decision making.

Still, we played pretty well and we have a lot of big guns to come back into the side.

Rennie just needs to wake the fuck up and ditch Wright and Foley.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
How’s BPA playing in France?

Folau Fainga’a has outlived his nine lives, does the occasional good thing but fails too frequently at his core role, throwing in the lineout.
On the other hand Porecki continues to impress me, has grown in stature over the season

Reactions: dru

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It’s the dumb plays that kill us again. That Foley pass. That Valetini kick. Then skill execution. Two shite Fainga'a throws. The double miss by Wright and Campbell.

Yuk
You know what kills me is you look at those tackle stats, the possession that the French had. You can see for the majority of the minutes the team is by and large working hard, executing, but like you said we then have these moments again and again, often back to back.

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
We’ll see Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), Lolesio or Donaldson and other fringe players next week but by the way the Italians played against the Samoans, they’re not going to be a push over

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
Also - in the lead up to the try FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) copped a shoulder to the head at a ruck. Very clear.

The inconsistency continues.
In saying that, there were a few tackles by Valetini that had me puckering.

Status
Not open for further replies.