• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
On the other hand Porecki continues to impress me, has grown in stature over the season
He didn't have his best game he had two turn overs at lineout (not straight then poor throw) he also gave away at least two pen's at the breakdown... His been playing well but not his best game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also - in the lead up to the try FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) copped a shoulder to the head at a ruck. Very clear.

The inconsistency continues.

The amount of head contact in the game I'm not surprised it is a lottery. Just wish it appeared less stacked against us.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A couple of lineouts - including one where we turned the ball over - France were jumping into our side and Jaco didn't say anything. Slipper should have been straight onto that.

Reactions: dru

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Also - in the lead up to the try FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) copped a shoulder to the head at a ruck. Very clear.

The inconsistency continues.
Same player got called out of a maul earlier and from that position tackled White after he had cleared the ball.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The amount of head contact in the game I'm not surprised it is a lottery. Just wish it appeared less stacked against us.
I can forgive the upright ones that slip up or skim the head. I cant forgive shoulder to the head at clearout time. Nor the TMO for 'missing it'.

Fucken eat my hat if that TMO isnt emptying the contents of a brown paper bag into a lockbox under his bed.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
What an absolute crock. We were 5 mins away from one of our best wins for decade. Terrible fandom from you.
Reg, we are never 5 mins away from a win. I suspect that thought crept into a couple of players' minds.
I loved the game but never thought we would win in in the last 10 mins. If we had been putting pressure on them I would have thought there was a strong chance but it was obvious, barring a Scots-type miss, it was an 80/20 lose.
Breakdown, kick chase, discipline, FF (Folau Fainga'a) (never again) we must have a hooker who can throw the ball in better than him.
On the plus side, the tight 5 went well but the team have no idea about the breakdown. I thought Hooper would be outstanding in this game but he was mostly MIA.
Pity about Foketi, Campbell went well enough to hold 15, White was excellent, and Ikitau played a great game. Foley kept us in the game and the fight in the Wallabies was excellent.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
After getting to 29-25 our kick off exit was ordinary. Ikitau catches and breaks the line making it over the advantage line then Hodge is lazy and stays back very deep so Gordon has to pass it back all those metres they just made. Then Hodge meekly fluffs it down the middle of the field straight back to French players gagging for points. That ball had to to go out. From there they score!

It was like watching the 2003 final again.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I can forgive the upright ones that slip up or skim the head. I cant forgive shoulder to the head at clearout time. Nor the TMO for 'missing it'.

Fucken eat my hat if that TMO isnt emptying the contents of a brown paper bag into a lockbox under his bed.
I also think they missed a clear kick out on the full outside the 22 but there was no reply of it..

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

The other thing is the feed the TMO gets from the home broadcaster. The camera operators are going to focus on things going against their team.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
After getting to 29-25 our kick off exit was ordinary. Ikitau catches and breaks the line making it over the advantage line then Hodge is lazy and stays back very deep so Gordon has to pass it back all those metres they just made. Then Hodge meekly fluffs it down the middle of the field straight back to French players gagging for points. That ball had to to go out. From there they score!

It was like watching the 2003 final again.
It was passed back in but that was a poor kick and chase.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure that beaten up is the right word.

The French have players able to jackle across the park and our accuracy in securing the ball is still not good enough. We were much improved at the breakdown compared to the Scotland game I felt.
Molman, This is international rugby, not park footie. Everyone has to be able to attack the breakdown and understand supporting the runner or lose the ball. It ain't scientific it's bloody fundamental.

Status
Not open for further replies.