• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Let's say Wright or Campbell make that tackle - no guarantee with 5 left that they don't score again.

This was a major step up from Scotland, keeping in mind it was France's first time out. They had most of their preferred personnel, and even after waking up 20 minutes in, we stayed with them.

That was a good performance from us, despite a few lapses. You're always going to have questions at the breakdown when Jaco is the ref, but overall his decisions weren't the decider: the players from both sides determined the outcome by and large.

I thought we were going to be lucky to get within 20. While there were a lot of "maybes" in that performance, at least we've shown that we are probably worth a bit more than our current ranking.

It was. France despite being officially ranked No.2 are probably deserving of being considered the best team in the world right now. And we went toe to toe with them in what was a very engaging game. IT's just frustrating to see the same issues and poor decision making continue to plague us.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I would find a left winger to replace Wright. His decision making is just bad.

It is poor around 50% of the time. Sometimes it is correct, and then sometimes - rarely at Test level - he does something like use his pace to burn away for that try.

The issue for Wright: the hoppy-skippy-steppy stuff that works at Super level doesn't get the time and space at this level. On the other hand, he's shown he has pace, a decent step, and a good boot. So he just needs to listen to Good Tom instead of Bad Tom more often.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The good thing about this is that France is not gonna win the next RWC. If this average Wallabies side can match them, they are not the pinacle of the game

Mate, the top 10-12 is probably the tightest it's ever been. To the point that the rankings are largely irrelevant at the moment as any team can win it on their day. When we show up mentally we are as good as any of them. The issue is we either just don't or we don't maintain it throughout games to win most of those. The only real blowout between in the T1 vs T1 games was NZ vs Wales.

Even beyond that. 13-24 is ridiculously competitive among themselves as well. I mean Romania just pipped Chile at home 24-23.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mate, the top 10-12 is probably the tightest it's ever been. To the point that the rankings are largely irrelevant at the moment as any team can win it on their day. When we show up mentally we are as good as any of them. The issue is we either just don't or we don't maintain it throughout games to win most of those. The only real blowout between in the T1 vs T1 games was NZ vs Wales.

Even beyond that. 13-24 is ridiculously competitive among themselves as well. I mean Romania just pipped Chile at home 24-23.
The real issue is that these wallabies cannot and refuse to learn lessons.

The same fallibilities that are so absolutely correctable just continue to manifest in
every
fucking
game
win
or
lose
!

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Put him on for Wright then - even for all his indiscretions, taking Foley off was daft
How did his coming on change anything? Genuine Q as I didn't see him make any huge mistakes and in 10 mins he kicked a penalty and pulled off some good tackles.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Last world cup? We got absolutely pantsed in 2019, I think you mean from 2015?
I mean in the time since the last world cup (2020-21) we won some close games seemingly from nowhere and now we are losing them. Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: NCT
Status
Not open for further replies.