• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Jesus! Le Cheese, if Foley is the glue in our team, we were always going to come unstuck. The fact is he is a reliable kicker and did that for us last night and I appreciate it. Outside of that, he has too many issues in terms of D and attack that I am starting to wonder who our 10 will be at the RWC if Cooper doesn't come right or has dropped off.
Wasn’t a comment about Foley (I don’t back him as the 10), just the position of flyhalf itself

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jesus! Le Cheese, if Foley is the glue in our team, we were always going to come unstuck. The fact is he is a reliable kicker and did that for us last night and I appreciate it. Outside of that, he has too many issues in terms of D and attack that I am starting to wonder who our 10 will be at the RWC if Cooper doesn't come right or has dropped off.
great question and at this stage the only answer is Foley which is, quite frankly, terrible

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hodge wasn’t composed when he came on. First restart was a shocker, the exit wasn’t good enough after we had momentum out of the 22 and then the missed tackle.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
great question and at this stage the only answer is Foley which is, quite frankly, terrible
Why tho? Why isnt Lolesio the answer? Hes had far better performances than the holy lorded Ntamack had today.

Rennies mistakes are starting to mount but ditching Lolesio for old flops is his biggest.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Payper frustrates me sometimes.
Penalises the Wallabies for the slightest of issues around the breakdown. Calls Wallabies to not even compete for the ball hen there isn't even a ruck.
France cleaning out from the side, laying on the ball, off feet to secure the ball and never penalised.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought Foley, like Wright and a few others, was good but had a couple of lapses. They all did, including Bobby V. Gordon appeared to stymie our attack once again. With Tate playing and clearing fast from the base then there might have been more opportunity. Gordon did some good individual things but in general he stalls our progress in attack.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I thought Foley, like Wright and a few others, was good but had a couple of lapses.
Agreed. Foley's bad bits are what everyone remembers, but his fingertip offload set up the breakout try, and he distributed well trip get Campbell in. The pass to nobody was bad of course, as was missing touch.

Is he going to get better? Probably not.

But he can definitely iron out the mistakes

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Agreed. Foley's bad bits are what everyone remembers, but his fingertip offload set up the breakout try, and he distributed well trip get Campbell in. The pass to nobody was bad of course, as was missing touch.

Is he going to get better? Probably not.

But he can definitely iron out the mistakes
That offload to get the Foketi try was a prime example of Foley’s game - panic play that sometimes pays off, and sometimes doesn’t. The offload was juggled and so nearly put down (by Ikitau?), which would’ve been either a French try or 5m scrum.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
The #10 situation is quite frustrating. Considering Foley isn't really doing anything special and is at the end of his Career, I cant understand why we aren't giving Lolesio or Donaldson a run, create some combinations for the future.

I have never been a fan of starting Tupou, but he really performed. Could have come off 5-10mins earlier but we didn't really have anyone to replace him with.

Great to see Jock having a run and really cementing his spot at 15, very impressive.

Can we start a petition to bring big Willy Skelton home? Not that anyone could afford him now.

Dont think any of the 9s have really set the world on fire, hopefully can find a consistent starter to start working on combinations.

Overall there were certainly some good takeaways from the game, but ofcourse always so much to work on!

Status
Not open for further replies.