• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Saturday 16th June, 8.00pm, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd like to see the Wallabies protect Pocock a bit more this weekend. He was getting mugged out there on a consistent basis. Perhaps a bit of a shoulder in the back of an errant Ireland player who's trying it on might send the message. Either that or have the captain turn around to the ref and point it out every time it happens.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd like to see the Wallabies protect Pocock a bit more this weekend. He was getting mugged out there on a consistent basis. Perhaps a bit of a shoulder in the back of an errant Ireland player who's trying it on might send the message. Either that or have the captain turn around to the ref and point it out every time it happens.
Mate Hooper pointing out cheating would be hilarious, the guy is always holding players back and carrying on when the ball is gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Mate Hooper pointing out cheating would be hilarious, the guy is always holding players back and carrying on when the ball is gone.

It's a joke, right? Who was holding who last week?

Hooper pointing out cheating vs Irish pointing out cheating, calling holding back cheating, Jeez and you think the Irish come off worse? Um.

No.

Snotterbox

Frank Nicholson (4)

Hooper almost never does that. I'd say 'never' but I haven't seen every minute Hooper played. He goes where the ball is, as fast as his little legs will carry him.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Pocock's headgear didn't accidentally fall off a few times because he is a poor judge of what kit to wear into a test match.

Um? o_O Er, actually...

“The Velcro is actually worn,” Pocock explained. “I need to get it replaced."

“A woman came up who had an older headgear that I’d given away,” Pocock said. “It was better than the one I was wearing.”

Sensing an opportunity, Pocock began chatting with the woman and they came to an agreement; a good old-fashioned trade.

“So I actually swapped it around,” said Pocock with a grin. “I’ll definitely wear that headgear in Melbourne. I’ve only got a couple. I’ll try and get the most life of it.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...ack-from-a-wallabies-fan-20180610-p4zkme.html

Snotterbox

Frank Nicholson (4)
852AC64A-BF03-4272-9CEA-20BDC6E822D6.gif

512km radar at 1330 Melbourne time. A band of light rain a few hours out then clear skies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Um? o_O Er, actually.

“A woman came up who had an older headgear that I’d given away,” Pocock said. “It was better than the one I was wearing.”

Sensing an opportunity, Pocock began chatting with the woman and they came to an agreement; a good old-fashioned trade.

“So I actually swapped it around,” said Pocock with a grin. “I’ll definitely wear that headgear in Melbourne. I’ve only got a couple. I’ll try and get the most life of it.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...ack-from-a-wallabies-fan-20180610-p4zkme.html

That is a fabulous story and that lady fan has a story for life.

Reactions: mst

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Um? o_O Er, actually.

Damm. So he is a poor judge of what to wear into the most important game of the year to date. And people tout him as captain material! :(

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can anyone say wether most the Irish changes are due to the performance or this is just the better side? Obviously sexton Ringrose and Healy are probably better players but not sure about the other changes.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Can anyone say wether most the Irish changes are due to the performance or this is just the better side? Obviously sexton Ringrose and Healy are probably better players but not sure about the other changes.

Well Stockdale at least is injured (although is expected for the 3rd test) and the starting hooker from last week was benched due to poor performance (viewed as being too small at 101 kg and being the reason for the scrum penalty in the 69th minute).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

A much improved side. Only person dropped due to form was the Hooker Cronin (sp?). And, relatively unfairly imo.

That side is at least 10 points better than the last side they ran out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
A much improved side. Only person dropped due to form was the Hooker Cronin (sp?). And, relatively unfairly imo.

That side is at least 10 points better than the last side they ran out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting that the blame for the scrum penalty in the 69th minute was put on Cronin for losing his bind on Furlong, some would have you believe that it was Robertson deliberately wheeling the scrum which is obviously not the view of the Irish coaching staff.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Call this Kiwi game off now and get the wallabies on early! I hope the refs don't ruin the game tonight. I'd be wanting my $$ if I was in Wellington, had a taste of how good a test match was on offer and then had it ruined in the 12 minute.

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.