• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Saturday 16th June, 8.00pm, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rather easy to allocate the 3, 2,1 this game. Only three players worth points. Pocock, Coleman and Sio. All the others were rubbish, with Foley and Beale the worst, not far behind was Folau. Worst game I've ever seen from him. Phipps was his usual self spraying balls everywhere but at the intended receiver's midriff.

Also surprised to see all the lineout throws going to Tui after he came on. I would swear he was the lineout guru in this side.

Not looking good for next week with Genia likely out and no alternatives at 10 and 12.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ireland deserved to win that as much as we did last week. We reverted to type big time. Seeing Phipps flinging passes half a metre above players heads was particularly painful. Someone promote Gordon plz.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would like your post Derpus except for the comment regarding Gordon. Joe Powell is in the squad and should start if Genia isn't available. Then bring Gordon onto the bench and piss Phipps off altogether.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wallabies scored 3 trys to 2. It's the penalties that got the win for Ireland and most of them.were very inconsistent.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Rather easy to allocate the 3, 2,1 this game. Only three players worth points. Pocock, Coleman and Sio. All the others were rubbish, with Foley and Beale the worst, not far behind was Folau. Worst game I've ever seen from him. Phipps was his usual self spraying balls everywhere but at the intended receiver's midriff.

Also surprised to see all the lineout throws going to Tui after he came on. I would swear he was the lineout guru in this side.

Not looking good for next week with Genia likely out and no alternatives at 10 and 12.

That game was lost in the contact and up front. Blaming Beale and Foley is the wrong option. Any back will look good in front of a pack making metres- we didn’t tonight and couldn’t stop Ireland from making metres through the middle.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Folau was innocuous but he was taken out off the ball every time he tried to compete in the air.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I rate Gordon higher but eh same same
I would like your post Derpus except for the comment regarding Gordon. Joe Powell is in the squad and should start if Genia isn't available. Then bring Gordon onto the bench and piss Phipps off altogether.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
We were off the pace tonight. Not sure what was wrong but we only played well in the first and last 5 mins. Ireland should have won by 20 so I guess the positive is that we played poorly and were still in it at the end.

Well done Ireland. Deserved win and let’s hope next week is a cracker

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Stop blaming players. The ref made some shit calls and that gave Ireland penalties that gave Ireland the win. I couldn't believe some of them. Very inconsistent. It was a shitbganento watch because of it.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Rugby has a lot of rules and that is not a problem. It becomes an issue when the referees feel the need to enforce each and every one. It would be like police enforcing jay walking. If things are flowing and there is no need to call a penalty then let it flow...

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That game was lost in the contact and up front. Blaming Beale and Foley is the wrong option. Any back will look good in front of a pack making metres- we didn’t tonight and couldn’t stop Ireland from making metres through the middle.
Agreed, we could barely clean out at all. Even with the big fellas on.

Phipps and Simmons with the very real prospect of starting next week. I have real fear.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Injury update will be interesting. Coleman looks bad, Genia I'm thinking will be good for next week- few others will be sore including Pocock who had a lock dropped on him from a great height!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Rugby has a lot of rules and that is not a problem. It becomes an issue when the referees feel the need to enforce each and every one. It would be like police enforcing jay walking. If things are flowing and there is no need to call a penalty then let it flow.
Like why penalise Ireland twice for going off their feet at the breakdown when they did it at almost every ruck to stop pockcock. If you don't once penalise them every time. Shit ref

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Last week was a glimmer of hope and a small step forward for Australian rugby.
Tonight was two steps back.
The yellow cards were correct according to laws of the game but was Koroibete’s tackle really worth a 13 point turnaround. And should a penalty try really be an automatic yellow when it doesn’t involve foul play.
The current card fest makes it a tough game to watch. It’s a 15 man game - let it bloody stay that way unless there’s repeated deliberate infringements or actual dangerous play.
Combine that with the penalty lottery and it’s no wonder we had a hard time finding a pub tonight that had a screen on the rugby - soccer, league and even cricket ffs.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Like why penalise Ireland twice for going off their feet at the breakdown when they did it at almost every ruck to stop pockcock. If you don't once penalise them every time. Shit ref

Players will adjust - if you let it be a dog fight at the ruck both teams will work that out quickly and adjust to that. It was very inconsistent tonight and there was no flow. Don't get me wrong- not saying wallabies were hard done by just saying the ref made a game that was hard to watch.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Injury update will be interesting. Coleman looks bad, Genia I'm thinking will be good for next week- few others will be sore including Pocock who had a lock dropped on him from a great height!
Genia broken arm. Probably not good for next week

Status
Not open for further replies.