• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some quick observations.

1. Time to put the Porecki love in a drawer and lock it away. Cost the initial try that could have set the game up for a win. Overthrew the next lineout. Then penalised for neck roll which gave away three points. After all that, pinged for hands in the ruck. All within the first 10 - 15 minutes.

2. Better game from Michael Hooper but absolutely smashed by Gibson-Park (No 9) one on one. His lack of physicality for a forward is a worry.

3. Mark Nawaqanitawase had an excellent game on the wing and worked well in tandom with Wright on the other wing.

4. Skelton had more impact than I've seen from him in any other game. Our second row is looking very strong atm. Lineout challenged by Ireland in first 60 minutes or so but finished on top with steals by Holloway and Frost.

5. Jordan Petaia was very good and also worked well with both wingers. Maybe more opportunities in the 13 and wing spots without Paisami at 12?

6. Foley very ordinary again but Lolesio had no game time I saw.

7. Slipper put in a massive shift, replaced in the last 10 minutes.
BR, Good post agree with all you say. Foley has always been solid and apart from his goal kicking will not win you a game,
The breakdown my god! how many games do we have to go through where we are crap at the breakdown? Too slow and first thought is looking for an offload rather than breakdown.
Hooper had his best game for a fair while and stole 2 but not enough to excuse the lousy breakdown work by the forwards.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Overall a great effort by our boys. Showed real grit when down to yellow and injuries.
I think we can make something of these guys and I haven't felt that for a long time. Pick and stick as soon as possible then bring in Kerevi, Cooper and Koro and we could make a challenge at the RWC.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck me dead. Can't believe I'm feeling happy after losses.

It's lovely having some height in the back 3, especially when Petaia came on. We dominated the aerial battle.

Most has been said. BOK was good, curious about the clearout that left Hooper reeling in pain holding his head.

I guess this is good considering we're keeping our powder dry. Push Ireland and France at home sans our best players. Kinda funny the one hooker that might replace Fainga'a/Porecki is Latu who has the worst discipline of all.

So, Isaac Henry to start at 12 next week?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Some quick observations.

1. Time to put the Porecki love in a drawer and lock it away. Cost the initial try that could have set the game up for a win. Overthrew the next lineout. Then penalised for neck roll which gave away three points. After all that, pinged for hands in the ruck. All within the first 10 - 15 minutes.

2. Better game from Michael Hooper but absolutely smashed by Gibson-Park (No 9) one on one. His lack of physicality for a forward is a worry.

3. Mark Nawaqanitawase had an excellent game on the wing and worked well in tandom with Wright on the other wing.

4. Skelton had more impact than I've seen from him in any other game. Our second row is looking very strong atm. Lineout challenged by Ireland in first 60 minutes or so but finished on top with steals by Holloway and Frost.

5. Jordan Petaia was very good and also worked well with both wingers. Maybe more opportunities in the 13 and wing spots without Paisami at 12?

6. Foley very ordinary again but Lolesio had no game time I saw.

7. Slipper put in a massive shift, replaced in the last 10 minutes. Together with Ala'alatoa held the scrum up against the "world's best THP".
Agree with this.

I'd probably add in a special mention for whoever it was that got sent off for the neck roll after being warned specifically that the next person to do it would be sent off. Can't recall who that was. Do you know?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree with this.

I'd probably add in a special mention for whoever it was that got sent off for the neck roll after being warned specifically that the next person to do it would be sent off. Can't recall who that was. Do you know?
FF (Folau Fainga'a)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is he over there? Otherwise, Hodge or Ikitau at 12, JP at 13?
They talked about calling someone up after Foketi's injury but I don't believe they ever announced who. Hopefully they did call someone in because they've left it late if they want to actually use them.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
They talked about calling someone up after Foketi's injury but I don't believe they ever announced who. Hopefully they did call someone in because they've left it late if they want to actually use them.
You’d imagine if they’re not there, it might be too hard. That is unless the Reds still touring Japan.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also we should’ve won that. Crossed the chalk twice for it to be called back. Our game for the taking. This Irish side with out Johnny was lacking. All I thought Van Der Flier was pretty anonymous for a world player of the year nominee. Hooper had it over him.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
First thoughts:

Our Hookers cost us that game. Porecki two penalties in the first 10mins and causes a 10 point swing immediately. Then Fainga coming on and doing the exact same penalty we were warned about in a ruck that looked already won, absolute stupidity.

My theory on Porecki is his lack of physicality and poor accuracy means he goes for the neck roll often (he's been penalised before for this). I think it's safe to say he is not Mr. Consistent and is actually pretty ineffective around the park, especially the breakdown. All i have seen him do is tug at jerseys on rucks already lost, seems like a great way to waste energy for f**k all reward, he actually goes out of this way to do it every ruck as well.

We need new Hookers!!!!!

Last edited:

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
On a positive, I thought our defence is improving. We managed to defend multiple phases, and the Irish never really looked that threatening.

but then again, we didn't look threatening at all on attack either besides a few individual efforts by Marky marc and Petaia.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I maintain Ben O'Keefe is the worst ref in world rugby. He really takes the enjoyment out of watching the games. And I think the Irish would agree with us there as they had some poor calls too. Their 13 getting penalised for not rolling away but he was actually the ball carrier LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.