• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
I thought the Irish have been bordering on offside.

I still stand by Rennie needing to bench players for idiotic penalties. The neck rolls have killed them. Cost a try and a yellow card. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Having Tupou/Skeleton/Samu on the bench hasn't done anything to help their attack, but they have looked more clinical at the lineout, so hard to take took much issue.

Physically Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) is a test level winger, that's extremely clear. He has the pace and the power. Seems a bit uncertain in terms of decision making, but that should come.

As a former back three Tom Wright makes me sweat every time he touches the ball off a kick. I have no clue what he might do.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Makes you wonder if BPA was getting Folau money whether he would still be playing in Australia....

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I want to see the tackle statistics of first half. I calculate 100 tackles by Irish and 20 by Wallabies. They should be tired in second half

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK half time against the world #1 and we are down by 3. That is a hell of lot better than I was thinking. We are doing much better in the rucks, though the Irish are sublime. The whole neck roll thing certainly is an enhanced risk with the way the ruck was being given flexibility at the start, but little excuse to go 4 penalties including a card.

White is accurate and thinking, even doing some great darting - but his delivery seems to be slowed to me.

1 x try + 1 x penalty costing 8 point differential simply due to Porecki. And now who knows what points penalty from Fa'ainga.

Back line skedaddled by the injury to Paisami. I'm really liking the effort and class from Nawaqanitawase and Ikitau - Petaia also. Who is playing in-center?

Hooper looks like he's regaining his form. Foley is fine.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
A real arm wrestle of a game. Wallabies will be happy with how much field possession and placement they seem to be controlling, Irish barely seemed to be down in our 22 for much of the game, but they are starting to look a little bereft of ideas on how to manipulate this Irish line, which to my eye looks to be pushing the offside a little at times. The breakdown is a bit of a mess. Wallabies look to be imposing a physical aspect, but are a little lacking in how to do it with finesse. The Irish on the otherhand are smarter at pushing the line and playing to the ref. They're all over the ball slowing things down.

I've got to wonder how well communicated this laser focus on the kneck roll was prior to the game. If it was, then this is a poor showing by the boys. That Fainga'a yellow was beyond stupid.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
The other thing I'll add, is the Irish will be praying that Sexton makes it to and through the next RWC. They're just not the same without his services which is a real concern for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.